FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

In general though, how long is a person willing to put up with putting on a smile just to please their partner? After a while it gets old, and eventually you go "**** this. I can't do this anymore". That's where Earn is. Ultimately you gotta be yourself, whether your partner likes that self revelation or not. When a person accepts that part of you and recognizes it, then they understand and that's a deeper level of love. We didn't see that with Earn and Van tho. That's why we got the outcome at the end.

When has Earn ever have to put a smile to please abybody?

Earn is always “being himself” and that’s why everybody is tired of him. His parents included.

This reminds me of the louisville scandal with the prostitutes

white people were confused thaat the coach got the prostitutes and strippers from his barber. :lol:

But for black dude that makes perfect sense, if you a non shady black person and you need someone to help you do some shady ****?

More likely than not you will find that dude in a barbershop. :lol:

I don't blame her at all. She doesn't even know what their relationship is.

how would she feel if he did the same though

she cool being in a situationship where both parties know wassup until she gets around other people who are married with careers and families and making the usual small talk of what shes up to in life and she has to say shes an unemployed fwb to her also unemployed spinrilla rapper manager baby father

white people were confused thaat the coach got the prostitutes and strippers from his barber. :lol:

But for black dude that makes perfect sense, if you a non shady black person and you need someone to help you do some shady ****?

all types of black people gotta go to the barbershop.

it would be fire if somehow they see how much people liked this episode and made like a mini web series or even a full spin off of Bibby’s shop and the characters that come thru. that would be a dope holdover between seasons

When has Earn ever have to put a smile to please abybody?

Earn is always “being himself” and that’s why everybody is tired of him. His parents included.

That's exactly the point I was making. Earn and Van are just figuring it out. They are tired of "pretending" for one another, it just isn't enough, which is why they decided to split with one another. Earn more so than Van though.

5E295416-6727-41FF-8283-86CC44D29D4C.gif

21C953FC-065C-464C-BC64-3A834933F2A3.gif

B0BF64A6-F8D5-4B2F-992A-A8635D7C47C8.gif

how would she feel if he did the same though

she cool being in a situationship where both parties know wassup until she gets around other people who are married with careers and families and making the usual small talk of what shes up to in life and she has to say shes an unemployed fwb to her also unemployed spinrilla rapper manager baby father
That's exactly my point. Dude's defending Ern don't realize this is a one-sided relationship in Ern's favor. It's always what Ern wants. He doesn't wanna commit, cool, so Vanessa will flirt with somebody. She does it, Ern gets butthurt cuz it's not what he wants.

Just caught up to the thread and finally saw the Oktoberfest episode and to put my thoughts in even though I am late.

As somebody who is in an interracial marriage with a white woman, just from my experience there will be times where you will have to experience different cultures and be uncomfortable. It's sad but the reality of it is that it comes with the territory. You think my wife enjoys going to my house every Chinese New Year, Thanksgiving, Solstice, and Christmas, where she is not only the only non-Chinese person in the whole house, but people are speaking a language she doesn't understand from every direction and eats food she doesn't even know what part of the pig it came from? No, but she married a Chinese man and the reality of it is that is the culture she got married into, whether she likes it or not. And because she knows it and deals with it, I appreciate her by reciprocating that notion back to her by dealing with the same thing. I KNOW my wife is uncomfortable at my house, but what does she do? She puts a smile on and make the best of where she's at. Doing what Ern is doing will just be making herself miserable. The reality of it is, part of a relationship is having to know your partner's culture, whether you like it or not. Vanessa does whatever the **** Ern wants to do but Ern couldn't even deal with the **** for ONE WEEKEND. He sat around and pouted when Vanessa asked him to DANCE. He could've had fun and just let loose but instead he rather cry cuz he's the only black dude there.
that's cool and all but van and earn are not married

that's cool and all but van and earn are not married
Okay? You don't need to be married to have a 50/50 relationship but instead it's 99% Ern and 1% Vanessa.

And they have a child together, live together, he pays her bills, and she let's him smash - they might as well be.

Last edited:
Okay? You don't need to be married to have a 50/50 relationship but instead it's 99% Ern and 1% Vanessa.

And they have a child together, live together, he pays her bills, and she let's him smash - they might as well be.

how much of their relationship have we seen for anyone to know what percentage it is

you doing three much right now

chill Dr Phil

Al is such a great straight comedic actor. His frustration and anger is just perfect for this show.

Every time he went along with something reluctantly with Bibby was priceless.

I hope we all appreciated the direction and shots of Bibby cutting the little kid's hair and he was smooth as hell.. compared to when he was shaky and unfocused with Al.

"Help me get this lumber"... "Three? You better pick up five, use your back too"

Every shady black person I know, I met at a barbershop

That's exactly my point. Dude's defending Ern don't realize this is a one-sided relationship in Ern's favor. It's always what Ern wants. He doesn't wanna commit, cool, so Vanessa will flirt with somebody. She does it, Ern gets butthurt cuz it's not what he wants.
Its not Ern's fault though.

Hes being himself. Not playing along to get along, etc.

Van is choosing to compromise and settle. She's doing all this in the hopes he changes? Or one day pops the question? That's all on her.

My whole thing has always been Ern doesnt have to change unless he feels like making that effort.

That's why I said Van is totally in the right for wanting to move on. Problem in the ep is she only started switching up after interacting with some Germans and an Oreo. It'd be totally different if this was a different sort of outing with Van's close friends and they broke down to her that she's settling or could do better.

Its not Ern's fault though.

Hes being himself. Not playing along to get along, etc.

Van is choosing to compromise and settle. She's doing all this in the hopes he changes? Or one day pops the question? That's all on her.

My whole thing has always been Ern doesnt have to change unless he feels like making that effort.

That's why I said Van is totally in the right for wanting to move on. Problem in the ep is she only started switching up after interacting with some Germans and an Oreo. It'd be totally different if this was a different sort of outing with Van's close friends and they broke down to her that she's settling or could do better.
My point is, Ern was miserable there because of Ern. He didn't have to front or pretend to like anybody. Vanessa simply asked him to DANCE and he couldn't even do that. Didn't even have to interact with anybody else, just dance and let loose with Vanessa.

My point is, Ern was miserable there because of Ern. He didn't have to front or pretend to like anybody. Vanessa simply asked him to DANCE and he couldn't even do that. Didn't even have to interact with anybody else, just dance and let loose with Vanessa.
He didn't want to dance. He don't have to dance.

Then she tried to guilt him in to doing what she wanted which snowballed in to the argument and ultimatum.

I'm pretty sure the setting and ppl had a lot to do with why he was "miserable" :lol:

He didn't want to dance. He don't have to dance.

Then she tried to guilt him in to doing what she wanted which snowballed in to the argument and ultimatum.

I'm pretty sure the setting and ppl had a lot to do with why he was "miserable" :lol:
Sure, the setting was uncomfortable, but instead of making best of the situation and staying positive by dancing, he rather pout. Yet, Vanessa always does what Ern wants, hence it being a one-sided relationship.

Last edited:
Sure, the setting was uncomfortable, but instead of making best of the situation and staying positive by dancing, he rather pout. Yet, Vanessa always does what Ern wants, hence it being a one-sided relationship.
This is Earn not Troy from Community. Some ppl just aren't the glass half full positive optimistic type.

Once he got in the situation it rubbed him the wrong way, he tried with the dumb ads game but he wasn't feeling it. Probably even more so after the friend explained what Van was really trying to do.

He didn't want to do it, so he didn't dance. That's that.

Van always doing what Ern wants is a problem she has that she has to address as an individual cuz that will not serve her well in any kind of future relationship.

Sometimes you just gotta be real with yourself and realize what type of person your significant other is. You either gonna be the type that tries to change them or accept them as is.

Maaaaaan, this episode hit home :lol:

The **** u put up with when your barber is good.

A few years back, I was at the barbershop in my old neighborhood. At the end of my cut, the barber was like "aye bruh, u drive?" I already knew what was up. Hour later, we're driving around an impound lot looking for his whip that surprise, surprise...wasn't there :smh: He wanted to check somewhere else, but I took him back to the shop.

Back in Queens, there was a barbershop not far from where I lived...one of the barbers looked JUST like Beanie Sigel. Anyways, dude had a funny smell all the time, was unreliable, and never had business. When we would see end up in his chair, you'd just :smh: b/c you knew something was about to go down. I seen this dude eating some tastycake powdered dounuts, lick his fingers, then proceed to touch his customer's head to give a cut. To this day, it was the nastiest **** I've EVER seen in a barbershop.

Every shady black person I know, I met at a barbershop

Unless you cut your own hair, that's the one place every black man has to go to on a regular basis. And you not going to no great clips or no **** like that, so every black man is gonna flock to the same few shops, especially if word gets out there's a fire barber or two in there

Back
Top Bottom