FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

My local Newbury takes out all the chases and sells them behind the counter for $30-$200... So ******* gross :stoneface: ...

Are you in New York are you talking about the one in roosevelt field because mine does the same thing... and I spazzed on them for it... and I was like you guys are selling them for prices that they aren't going for, he said "check ppg" I was like that's inaccurate you idiot. It was a big thing my girl got mad at me Watever though.. I'm standing up for the little guy. People in line didn't even know what the whole argument was about [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Maine...

I was straight up offended... I wanted to get worked up over it :lol:... I just talked **** as I left or my girl would have stabbed me...

Maine...

I was straight up offended... I wanted to get worked up over it :lol:... I just talked **** as I left or my girl would have stabbed me...

Bro they had star lord chase for $60.

I made a scene my girl was tight the rest of the day Watever though.

Bro they had star lord chase for $60.

I made a scene my girl was tight the rest of the day Watever though.

My first time going to Newbury at Roosevelt I was able to find a Gremlins chase on the shelf with the commons. I couldn't believe my eyes since it was the first one I found in the wild. Guess I was lucky and it slipped through. This was last summer.

My first time going to Newbury at Roosevelt I was able to find a Gremlins chase on the shelf with the commons. I couldn't believe my eyes since it was the first one I found in the wild. Guess I was lucky and it slipped through. This was last summer.

Yeah that's when they first opened

Super Hero Kermit? Nah it's cool but nothing stands out to be considered Pop of the year.

contenders:

1. Weapon X
2. IceMan
3. Megazord
4. Dragon Shield Ranger
5. Tony the Tiger
6. HT Maleficent Chase
7. Chase Dipper Pines*
8. ECCC Captain America

I don't want this to get outta hand list wise, pops gotta be more than just limited or based on personal likes. They need to represent something significant for the line or history of the character. They should also contain something incorporated into the pop design wise that makes it stand out, especially when taken out the box.

That's just how I feel. I'm putting an * next to dipper chase becasue while it is cool, not sure if there was enough changed from the non chase to the chase to make it a great pop. Like personally i think the Frodo Chase is better than the Dipper Chase because the pop has more drastic changes from regular to chase. But that's just my thoughts

Frodo is an awesome Chase too. Dipper is the perfect execution of a Chase. It is the same figure, altered to specifically capture something significant to the show. They could not have done better with his Chase. A Chase isn't supposed to be a different pop entirely, that's what they have store Exclusives for. Thinking about it tho, naw I wouldn't put it in contention for POTY, but definitely in ChasePOTY.

LCS has chase 11 for 40 cad plus tax , demigorgan for 30 and Edna from the Incredibles for 89 cad. I think I'm going to buy Edna , her ppg is 170 USD

Dudes easily making 250$ off the Tony waffles, Ron don't sleep, waffle off one of yours and make max profit, doubt the value stays that high...

Sup fellow funko heads. Didn't realize there was a thread for this until I saw it pop up on the side. Been collecting almost two years but I try and keep things somewhat in control so it doesn't spiral into bankruptcy. I'm sure we all know the feeling. 
laugh.gif

Would Life Size Groot be a contender for POTY? Possibly Holo Qui Gon as well.

I heavily considered both of these but ultimately felt neither really brought an element for POTY.

I have a Groot at my desk, and while the fact it's a 10" pop and imposing, outside of that there's no other real oomf factor about it. Groot like batman was oversaturated. I think many of us had Groot fatigue. And while it was cool it being "life size" it wasn't the first giant pop or anything rare and for that I felt it just wasn't a contender.

Same with holo QGJ. The popularity and buzz about it was due in part to the original pop being so limited. Aside from that, looking at the pop it's not really all that special.

Again these are just my opinions but I feel i'm being unbiased with the list thus far.

Frodo is an awesome Chase too. Dipper is the perfect execution of a Chase. It is the same figure, altered to specifically capture something significant to the show. They could not have done better with his Chase. A Chase isn't supposed to be a different pop entirely, that's what they have store Exclusives for. Thinking about it tho, naw I wouldn't put it in contention for POTY, but definitely in ChasePOTY.

Agree 1000% however i feel that with the progression of pop figures in general as far as sculpt, form and design, chase counterparts should reflect those changes as well.

chase of the year would be another great poll to have as well.

So far we're close to 10. What should be the consensus to cap? 10? 12? 15?

Back
Top Bottom