FREE PLAXICO!!!!! VOL SUSPENDED THE REST OF THE SEASON & FINED SMH!!!

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Smh, yall need to chill.

You don't know the entire situation, and like it was reported. His teammate was robbed at gun point two days before Thanksgiving. I'm not saying he was completely right in this situation but it was better to be prepared for anything rather than being naive. Ironic that he ended up causing the harm himself instead of using the weapon as protection though.
I don't know about that. Like I always say...you are an superstar athlete in the biggest city. You can get into the most elitespots....spots with model chicks in the VIP, spots where no ruffian type cats could even get in the door. If you go to spots like that....you don't evenneed the hammer.

Coughlin 'disappointed' in Bradshaw: Giants coach Tom Coughlin was asked Monday about reports running back Ahmad Bradshaw was at the club where WR Plaxico Burress shot himself on Friday. The second-year pro spent almost a month in a Virginia jail in June and July for an old probation violation. "I am disappointed, certainly," Coughlin said.
roll.gif
smh.gif

Over/under: 10 carries for Ahmad the rest of the season.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by devilmonx

This sucks for Plax, and a bit for the Giants. But Bloomberg needs to shut the !#!% up.

"Mayor Michael Bloomberg spoke out again Tuesday, saying he talked to Mara and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. He told them the law says "you see something, you got to call the cops. That's the thing you should do.""

The law doesn't say anything even remotely close to that. Let's leave the law to the lawyers, and the grandstanding to... someone else, please? Thanks.
Yeah it does. The wording of the article is just bad. I'm fairly certain he's talking about the hospital employees. Bloomberg isn't an idiot.
He may not be an idiot but he's acting like one. The article makes it seem like he's saying that to the NFL and the Giants organization,for not reporting the incident earlier. Moreover, why is he publicly campaigning against Plax anyway? Way to prejudice the jury pool.

This sucks for Plax, and a bit for the Giants. But Bloomberg needs to shut the !#!% up.

"Mayor Michael Bloomberg spoke out again Tuesday, saying he talked to Mara and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. He told them the law says "you see something, you got to call the cops. That's the thing you should do.""

The law doesn't say anything even remotely close to that. Let's leave the law to the lawyers, and the grandstanding to... someone else, please? Thanks.
Yeah it does. The wording of the article is just bad. I'm fairly certain he's talking about the hospital employees. Bloomberg isn't an idiot.
He may not be an idiot but he's acting like one. The article makes it seem like he's saying that to the NFL and the Giants organization,for not reporting the incident earlier. Moreover, why is he publicly campaigning against Plax anyway? Way to prejudice the jury pool.

Reposted, sorry.

lets say he doesnt get locked up, but since the NYG suspended him already can goodell still suspend him next year? juat curous.

I wonder happened when the Giants last lost their most controversial/outspoken receiver near the end of the season...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by AG 47

JordanXI2001 wrote:

people are underestimating Plax's importance to the Giants. people who

think they don't need him and they can get rid of him with no affect on

their

offense are wrong. maybe in the regular season, but Plax was a monster

in the playoffs last yr. they need Plax to win a super bowl, period.

I agree. Regular season, the Giants can win without the help of Plax, but when the playoffs come and those good defenses

eliminate the mediocre wideouts, the Giants are going to miss someone who can gain separation and be a big target for

Eli. Boss is a big target, but he can be neutralized at TE.
Chris Carter said that Domenik Hixon is a better route runner than Plax....I think he was getting at Plax being on the verge of "overrated." That's what I'm assuming when someone says that a dude like DH is going to be able to fill in without missing a beat for a guy like Plax. Don't get me wrong, Plax is a top 15 WR in the NFL, but the Giants really don't need him. They have other guys who can step up and be productive. The team is so ridiculously balanced that the subtraction of Plax will hardly make a difference in the grand scheme of things. They are a GREAT team.....I'd be more worried about the state of Antonio Pierce more than anything....he is a guy who would be nearly impossible to replace. You take him off the field, and that changes the whole dynamic of their D. Stay tuned....

Domenik Hixon is a better route runner than Plax....hmmm, I don't know about that one. But I will say that last year in the playoffs, Plax made plays atcritical moments,
even on a bad ankle. At times he seemed like a safety net for young Eli. And like you said, Plax is easily top 15 in the league, so I'm a bit skepticalabout the Giants being PERFECTLY fine without him. However, I will say that if any team in the league can lose a player like Plax, it's the Giants. Buttime will tell.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

JordanXI2001 wrote:

people are underestimating Plax's importance to the Giants. people who

think they don't need him and they can get rid of him with no affect on

their

offense are wrong. maybe in the regular season, but Plax was a monster

in the playoffs last yr. they need Plax to win a super bowl, period.

I agree. Regular season, the Giants can win without the help of Plax, but when the playoffs come and those good defenses

eliminate the mediocre wideouts, the Giants are going to miss someone who can gain separation and be a big target for

Eli. Boss is a big target, but he can be neutralized at TE.
Chris Carter said that Domenik Hixon is a better route runner than Plax....I think he was getting at Plax being on the verge of "overrated." That's what I'm assuming when someone says that a dude like DH is going to be able to fill in without missing a beat for a guy like Plax. Don't get me wrong, Plax is a top 15 WR in the NFL, but the Giants really don't need him. They have other guys who can step up and be productive. The team is so ridiculously balanced that the subtraction of Plax will hardly make a difference in the grand scheme of things. They are a GREAT team.....I'd be more worried about the state of Antonio Pierce more than anything....he is a guy who would be nearly impossible to replace. You take him off the field, and that changes the whole dynamic of their D. Stay tuned....

Domenik Hixon is a better route runner than Plax....hmmm, I don't know about that one. But I will say that last year in the playoffs, Plax made plays at critical moments,
even on a bad ankle. At times he seemed like a safety net for young Eli. And like you said, Plax is easily top 15 in the league, so I'm a bit skeptical about the Giants being PERFECTLY fine without him. However, I will say that if any team in the league can lose a player like Plax, it's the Giants. But time will tell.

I'm not going to presume that we'll be totally fine without Plax, but the way Eli has carried himself this season, I think we'll be fine. I'mmore worried at this point about what might happen to Antonio Pierce.

Oh yeah, who else watched ATH yesterday? Adande was like, "If he had a sense of humor, instead of Harris Smith he would've said his name was RonPlaxico."

roll.gif

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

people pullin a vick now ... let me get this out there early ...

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU "THINK" OF THE LAW, THE LAW IS THE LAW ... IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, WRITE YOUR SENATORS ...

vick fought dogs in an area where fighting dogs was illegal, plax was carrying a loaded gun where carrying a loaded gun is against the law and gives you 3.5 ... the #%#% is cut and dry ...

QFT

This guy Mr. Subliminals is a joke to be changing the title of this thread as if Plaxico Burress's suspension and fine is some sort of injustice orwrongfulness to him. As if he doesn't deserve it. Clown !$# NT'ers.

I just wanna be a star athlete so I can wear sweatpants and carry a gun in a club.

But seriously, I don't think losing Plax hurts that bad, but I can't lie and say a healthy (who wasn't causing a distraction) Plax wouldn't doanything but help this team on the road to back to back Super Bowls.

Losing Pierce though...if it's for more than a game or two, I just don't like the sound of that.

Originally Posted by BlackMamba08

lets say he doesnt get locked up, but since the NYG suspended him already can goodell still suspend him next year? juat curous.

that lame can do whateva he pleases i really dislike him as the commissioner of the league
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom