FREE MONEY FROM THE EQUIFAX BREACH

How do you pull your credit report on your own though? Outside of doing it for free annually, there is no way to check it regularly on your own that I’m aware of.

Credit Karma and apps like it usually updates your open accounts recorded by Experian and TransUnion within 2-4 weeks which is enough time to catch tomfoolery.

Outside of that, yeah, you pull your full report annually and take advantage of your membership services with certain providers for free monitoring. Pretty sure I got that via AMEX.

General statement, the Vanguard score CK uses is useless, no one goes by it. I only pay attention to my FICO.

While I haven’t gotten that much, I do randomly get checks. Last one was for like $90 for SiriusXM lawsuit :lol:
Is there a site where people go to see if they qualify for random lawsuits? I’ve read where people are getting checks every month.

Is there a site where people go to see if they qualify for random lawsuits? I’ve read where people are getting checks every month.
Yes, I don’t have the site but they email me once in awhile new lawsuits they currently represent the consumers

I still never got money for that Milk one that was posted on NT like 2-3 years ago if not longer it seems

Swisher Sweets, Kombucha, L.A. Gang Injunction.... seems like a lot of NTers qualify for some of these settlements lol

From CNBC

Our claims don't necessarily mean we'll get the full $125 apiece — although I'm hoping we do.

NerdWallet noted in an article this week that "there would need to be no more than 248,000 approved claims out of the 147 million consumers affected — or less
than one-fifth of one percent — for approved applicants to get the full $125."

Well there it is. Your personal info had a username and password that Harambe himself could've cracked.

Equifax used 'admin' as username and password for sensitive data: lawsuit

Equifax (EFX) used the word “admin” as both password and username for a portal that contained sensitive information, according to a class action lawsuit filed in federal court in the Northern District of Georgia.

The lawsuit, filed in January, went viral on Twitter Friday after Buzzfeed reporter Jane Lytvynenko came across the detail.

“Equifax employed the username ‘admin’ and the password ‘admin’ to protect a portal used to manage credit disputes, a password that ‘is a surefire way to get hacked,’” the lawsuit reads.

The lawsuit also notes that Equifax admitted using unencrypted servers to store the sensitive personal information and had it as a public-facing website.

When Equifax, one of the three largest consumer credit reporting agencies, did encrypt data, the lawsuit alleges, “it left the keys to unlocking the encryption on the same public-facing servers, making it easy to remove the encryption from the data.

”The class-action suit consolidated 373 previous lawsuits into one. Unlike other lawsuits against Equifax, these don’t come from wronged consumers, but rather shareholders that allege the company didn’t adequately disclose risks or its security practices.

The lawsuit was filed by people who bought shares of Equifax between Feb. 25, 2016 and Sept. 15, 2017. In September 2017 Equifax announced a data breach that exposed the personal information of 147 million people. The company settled with the FTC for $425 million in September 2019.

The lawsuit claims damages from the fact that the investments lost value due to "multiple false or misleading statements and omissions about the sensitive personal information in Equifax’s custody, the vulnerability of its internal systems to cyberattack, and its compliance with data protection laws and cybersecurity best practices.”

In June, Equifax filed a motion to dismiss.

“Plaintiff’s Complaint is devoid of facts even plausibly suggesting that Defendants were aware of any information contradicting their public statements when made,” the motion reads. “Instead, Plaintiff’s claims hang almost entirely on the unsupported and implausible notion that Defendants knowingly and deliberately failed to patch the software vulnerability at issue in the Cybersecurity Incident—at no conceivable benefit to themselves.”

“Much more plausible is the very explanation Plaintiff pleads, as stated in [former Equifax CEO Richard] Smith’s Congressional testimony addressing the Cybersecurity Incident — that unfortunate and unintentional human and system failures contributed to the breach,” Equifax said.

The class action is still pending certification before it can go forward.

Equifax did not respond to a request for comment by the time of publication.

They are bugging. I remember Jon Oliver covering thia debacle.

Almost filed a claim.

Did anybody get any money back?

Bert. Bert.

20191019_185416.jpg

I think I got a letter or an email a month or so back.

Basically saying I needed more info.
I got emailed like a month or so back asking for more info and asking what credit services I had

unless it was for something else but no letter for me

I got an email (or letter, can't remember) stating that i must prove how l that i paid that amount for credit monitoring. Sounds like they are just trying to weasel their way out of it by using more sheisty schemes.
Didn’t pay for any, all my cards offer the service

I want my damn money!!!!

gonna need to start a lawsuit against StockX tho ?

Most people were never getting money from the get go, unless you had MAJOR credit/identity theft issues that were a direct result of the breach. Most people were always going to end up with 7 (?) free years of monitoring/identity theft protection or whatever the deal was.

Back
Top Bottom