Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

snayberry snayberry I am not sure what those are either. I am not sure where Gerald got the pics so he can probably tell us more about them.

But there are a lot of different versions of pairs with that black logo. The ones i posted looked off. Material quality, some pairs with the proper placement of the "90 degree stitch" others with off placement, paint quality, thickness of material etc.

Point is we don't know enough about the different pairs yet. And we are saying we wouldn't gamble on a questionable pair, but ultimately that is your money.

If you trust that your source is selling you legitimate samples at 50% of what the market rate for retail pairs are selling for, then do what you do. Legit sample pairs should sell for more than retail pairs, not less.

We are just saying be careful and ask questions about their origin and document everything. Take pictures in person and post here before paying.

Last edited:
Just curious, but other then the logo on the rear, is that the only really "special" thing about them? I was thinking about picking these up, but wasn't overly impressed with the color and/or color blocking, and the hype over the Fragment collab doesn't do much for me. Clean shoe though.

squatchnt squatchnt the US got nothing bigger than a 13. Europe got up to 15 i believe. One of the Euro members can confirm.
That 15 is good news. I've seen this happen with Royals. Nothing bigger than 14 on RD, then almost a year later restock on EB in nothing smaller than a 14. Really would like a pair but def not at resell prices. Happened with Kobes too, nothing in US for TBF but available overseas.

Didn't have much time to throw them on this weekend, but
glasses.gif

Paid $740 shipped.
my size too. so jelly.

Anybody here able to cop a pair in size 8 for under $800? All the bay sellers wants ridiculous prices for my size... I refuse to pay over $750 but all these pics are making me almost change my mind 
sick.gif

It's simple. Let me break it down for you, and in no particular order:

1. Royal hype
2. Limited hype
3. Fuji Frag fan boy hype
4. Remastered hype

There you have it in a nutshell.
I guess. Idek what Fuji Frag is but I guess I could understand if they were limited. I didn't know that.

Still crazy though. I like these, but I would rather spend half on the breds.

I thought this was funny when I saw it

This is regarding the frags & how he couldn't get a pair for retail.

Last edited:

I guess. Idek what Fuji Frag is but I guess I could understand if they were limited. I didn't know that.

Still crazy though. I like these, but I would rather spend half on the breds.
yea that Fuji Frag is a mystery to me too

No, the pair on Gerald's pic is fake.  You must not have real pair on hand or maybe not retro 1s sneakerhead.

Good info @geraldg2309
 and @BoostHog
 .. I've never look at the stitching at 90deg., usually at toe, side, widow and padding.  Will add this trick to my bag.

Just curious how are the pics Gerald posted fake? They could be sample version.

Why do u seem to believe people have easy access to these so called "sample" pairs of Fragment 1s? Fragment 1s samples for $400 when retail pairs are selling for $700-1000, does that add up to you?

Last edited:
Now that i have them in hand, i will give my point of view on my pair.

View media item 1337203
View media item 1337204
View media item 1337206
View media item 1337207
View media item 1337208
View media item 1337209
Craftsmanship:

-This is still jb quality.
-Don't expect a perfect shoe.
-Definitely get pics before you purchase from all angles.
-Still glue/cement marks
-Still chance for off stitching, panel placement, inconsistent assembling of panels
-One negative from softer materials is easier to scuff, ding, dent the shoe. This of course includes all of that time before the shoe gets to you.

Material quality:

-Black Leather: Superb for a JB shoe. Extremely soft.
-Blue Leather: Very good for a JB shoe. Very soft
-White toe box leather: Very good. Soft to the touch and seems way easier to flex than other AJ1. Seems to be different material than the sidepanel.
-White side panel Leather: Worst of the four by far. Feels soft, but cheap. Hard to explain just doesnt feel as nice and soft as the other two colored panels. Doesn't look as good either. Feels dried out.

I hope they continue to improve off of this mold. I realize this is their first try.

Hopefully the pairs become more consistent and they produce larger numbers. I would love to have this quality at retail.

I hope JB understands the demand is here and we have been waiting for quality AJ1's like this. Now we just need them to be available.

Last edited:
Now that i have them in hand, i will give my point of view on my pair.

Craftsmanship:

-This is still jb quality.
-Don't expect a perfect shoe.
-Definitely get pics before you purchase from all angles.
-Still glue/cement marks
-Still chance for off stitching, panel placement, inconsistent assembling of panels
-One negative from softer materials is easier to scuff, ding, dent the shoe. This of course includes all of that time before the shoe gets to you.

Material quality:

-Black Leather: Superb for a JB shoe. Extremely soft.
-Blue Leather: Very good for a JB shoe. Very soft
-White Leather: Worst of the three by far. Feels soft, but cheap. Hard to explain just doesnt feel as nice and soft as the other two colored panels. Doesn't look as good either. Feels dried out.
They still look
nthat.gif
 to me

Did anybody get straight tongue tags? Seem all of them are just a fragment off...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom