Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Signs that Fox-men are overseen by people who just don't get it?

Look at this quote by Kinberg:

Writer-director Simon Kinberg has stressed that this will be "a little less operatic" than the other X-Men movies; he described it as "more intense..., more real and grounded, and hopefully more relatable."

https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-movie-official-title-no-xmen/

A dark phoenix storyline is not the time to go smaller and grounded. It's meant for an epic, cosmic film.

They're not tuned into what the fans want at all.

I'm not saying grounded and relatable is bad. But there's a time for that (for example, smaller budget movies like Logan), and dark phoenix isn't it.

After finishing Apocalypse. This movie is not a must-watch for me. Will watch if it's on TV or downloadable.

i think it's still at least a year away from completing acquisition, disney just allowed fox to sell sky sports to comcast recently too

i think that's why they are trying to rush the gambit film, it's also been reported that Disney plans to release all films that are done and currently in production so as long as gambit or xforce is in production and close to done before the acquisition completes, it'll release under the disney banner

i was hoping mid next year the aquisition would be complete. you think it will be longer :nerd:

go out swinging i guess...

GAMBIT Film Will Be A "Romantic Comedy" According To Producer Simon Kinberg

Until the Disney/FOX deal completely goes through, it seems apparent FOX will continue to make their Marvel branded movies until someone says stop. Well, Gambit seems to be one of the items on their to-do list. Known for being in a lengthy development process, Gambit is supposedly going to start filming early next year.

Which means more news tidbits will be coming out every so often. Producer Simon Kinberg spoke with IGN about this film and what to expect...

"When you look at Gambit, he’s a hustler and a womanizer and we just felt like there was an attitude, a swagger to him, that lent itself to romantic comedy," He continued, "You know, when I say romantic comedy, I use that term loosely, in the same term that I use the term western for Logan loosely,"

Kinberg said. "It’s not like they’re gunslingers at high noon in Logan. It’s just a vibe. And I would say the vibe of Gambit has a romantic or sex comedy vibe to it. While it is also still very much a superhero movie with villains and heroes, as all these movies are."

If Kinberg was serious, the Gambit film would already be in production instead of languishing in development hell.

x-men-dp-excl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom