Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Lol I wouldn't be surprised if critics are starting to score Superhero movies harsher just because they're tired of the genre. Let's not bring up bp. I'm aware its RT score is really high.

I'm sure Deadpool 2 will be just fine if you liked Deadpool 1

Being “that guy” of a critic is like the new thing. Gives them attention. All the good scores and you’re one of 50 with a bad review and it gives you a click.

The superhero fatigue comment again. People ste just gonna keep saying it until true.

I knew there was a movie theater in Fresh Meadows, Queens but I never knew there was an IMAX screen there with reserved recliner seating. I think I might pull up there for Deadpool. Has anyone been there before? Is it lit or nah?

Its trash. The imax screen is the bottom theatre on the lower level and the seats are too low for an imax screen so you see the top of the chair in front of you. Also the A/C does not work yet.

Those with tmobile, check your app tomorrow. They're giving out $4 tickets tomorrow. Which is surprising because they usually do that for bad movies

Its trash. The imax screen is the bottom theatre on the lower level and the seats are too low for an imax screen so you see the top of the chair in front of you. Also the A/C does not work yet.

When I used to take the LIE a lot I passed by that AMC theater so many times. I'm not too far from that theater... Maybe a 20 minute drive but never been

I'll either stick close to home in long island to watch a movie or commute to manhattan

i feel like Deadpool isn't going to get the highest of scores just because of how it's set up, it's an R-Rated film with little to no filter, it's bound to upset/offend at least a handful of people/reviewers, not to mention the uber-sensitive twitter users

there's been reports that some scenes that were cut were either too dark or involved Disney jokes

theater with no A/C, what the hell is that? why even open that theater at all?

i feel like Deadpool isn't going to get the highest of scores just because of how it's set up, it's an R-Rated film with little to no filter, it's bound to upset/offend at least a handful of people/reviewers, not to mention the uber-sensitive twitter users

there's been reports that some scenes that were cut were either too dark or involved Disney jokes

The first film could fit the first part of what you said so I don't see that as being the reaason it wont be rated high. If it doesn't get rated high, I see it as being too similar in style to the first film. It seems like they're gonna double down on the humor, better action, with a simple story. Which is similar to the first

Damn fam. I've committed already. The A/C situation sounds like a problem although I also noticed that the A/C at AMC Empire 25 wasn't popping like that. I've read reviews of Fresh Meadows and most of the complaints seem to be aimed at cleanliness and employees not opening the theater up in time. Also, people complained about the bathrooms being downstairs (but if the Imax is down there then I should be good money). That might fly at a small local theater but not AMC. Shouts to Hooters next door tho.

Lol I wouldn't be surprised if critics are starting to score Superhero movies harsher just because they're tired of the genre. Let's not bring up bp. I'm aware its RT score is really high.

I'm sure Deadpool 2 will be just fine if you liked Deadpool 1

They been talking superhero fatigue for years.. or speculating when the bubble would burst

That shhh only matter when you're creating a terrible product and simple trying to capitalize on a trend.. take the DCEU, for example, instead of trying to build and develop and get people to buy in they rushed to do wayyyyy too much

Legio batman did more character development of batman, than the 3 DCEU films he has appeared in combined

And that "superhero fatigue" is nonsense. Critics keep trying to push that, but audiences say otherwise. There's just good or bad movies, forget the genre. They're going to keep saying it though until it actually gets to that point like everything else then claim they were right.

Well, they don’t get fatigue from marvel movies. The bad ones definitely give people fatigue like the xmen, f4, and dc movies. I actually get fatigue from the comicbook tv shows.

They make fire movies, zero issue with there being too many

I want marvel AND DC to do work.. also throw in graphic novels and others

Make good movies

It's not just making good movies, although the movies have to be good

Like if the Superhero movie being reviewed feels like it's more of the same, it'll be judged more harshly

Like I was going through the IW reviews and the ppl who were complaining felt like it was more of the same stuff...like previous avengers movies but just louder....that it wasn't like ragnarok or bp that 'offered a fresh take on the genre'...ragnarok had done a complete 180 on itself and made fun of everything marvel had previously taken seriously about thor...bp was celebrated for its diversity and social and political commentary... These critics didn't care about fan service or the characters and was looking for something new that didn't bore them or was just superhero noise... In that sense I think there is a fatigue among critics

When it comes to the general public, yea there's no fatigue yet. In fact the Superhero brand sounds like it's getting stronger. Like Marvel's increasing their social media following. In fact I think Marvels YouTube subscribers doubled after iw trailer came out. And then look at ant man 2 trailer which has 400k likes.. Etc

Last edited:
It's not just making good movies, although the movies have to be good

Like if the Superhero movie being reviewed feels like it's more of the same, it'll be judged more harshly

Like I was going through the IW reviews and the ppl who were complaining felt like it was more of the same stuff...like previous avengers movies but just louder....that it wasn't like ragnarok or bp that 'offered a fresh take on the genre'...ragnarok had done a complete 180 on itself and made fun of everything marvel had previously taken seriously about thor...bp was celebrated for its diversity and social and political commentary... In that sense I think there is a fatigue among critics

When it comes to the general public, yea there's no fatigue yet. In fact the Superhero brand sounds like it's getting stronger. Like Marvel's increasing their social media following. In fact I think Marvels YouTube subscribers doubled after iw trailer came out. And then look at ant man 2 trailer which has 400 likes.. Etc

That goes hand in hand with making a good movie

Not sure if posted yet but T-Mobile Tuesday has $4 Deadpool 2 tickets. Must claim today and watch by Sunday.

That’s bad bro. You have to be at least 150 review a in to get an idea of what the score will be. 33 reviews isn’t enough. And scores usually get lower as more reviews come out. Doesn’t mean it can’t get better.
iW at 84 with 300 reviews
BP at 96 with 350 reviews
BVS at 26 with 360 reviews

DP at 84 with 67 reviews. Not bad but not great either. Just goes down from there :lol:

High 70s would be cool for me.

I had bought 4 tickets before hand for Deadpool 2, so if anyone wants my $4 promo first person to PM get’s it.

Edit: Promo code is gone.

Last edited:
emergency awesome had a non-spoiler review, said the trailers gave you no idea what the actual plot was going to be.

Back
Top Bottom