Formula 1 2008 Post

VETTEL
pimp.gif
just owned heikki. and now alonso just passed him!

As much as ive never liked coulthard, thats the worst way for him to end his career. ill always remember his days at mclaren along with hakkinen.

this race is gonna be bananas!

Wow, what was an incredible finish - the Ferrari guys were all celebrating and then you saw them run back in to look at the TV after Hamilton got 5th placeback - with barely any time to go. Unbelievable.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT AN ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't breathe...

That was just wrong.

I just read this on Yahoo!:
Just a couple of corners from the end Glock on his slicks just couldn't hang on so Hamilton was able to overtake him to take the championship!! The final standings is Massa, Alonso, Raikkonen, Vettel, HAMILTON!! Glock lost 18 seconds on the final lap.

18 seconds!?!?

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

^ that was a gamble they were willing to take... we saw in spa where some teams put on inters in the last 2 laps... they were able to make up several places inthat last lap...

^ yeah.
laugh.gif

just saw the replay. Glock just faded (edit: with just two corners to go!)!
smh.gif

Congrats to Lewis though.
pimp.gif

Race couldn't have concluded any closer.

I LOST THE HOPE ALREADY!!!!!!

LEWIS! LEWIS! LEWIS! LEWIS!

You're going to be the greatest. Ever.

i usually HATE it when they show footage of people in the garage rather then the racing.. but getting to see massa's family celebrate, then hearing thenews they lost, that stuff was PRICELESS. i want a gif of that asap.

i couldnt imagine how the crowd felt. thats like popping a blimp.

yeah... Nicole knew Lewis had won when they were focusing on the timing screens... P5 HAM...
While massa's crew that thought HAM was P6... that was, until they all decided to look at the screen...

I don't think they'll ever be a championship conclusion as close as this one... it was down to the last 5 seconds, which was the gap between Hamiltonand Glock...

I've never seen a race winner so disappointed... I'm glad Lewis won, but I feel for Massa...

But hey, just shows that wet/rain tyres are there for a reason... slick tyres in the wet = no traction...

EDIT- sidenote, a sad end to DC's F1 career... he's always been a good driver and has a colorful personality... his presence in the paddock will bemissed... DC & Hakkinen were one of the best racing teamates IMO...

from a race standpoint, it was a perfect race; their fate for the driver's championship was just out of their hands...
tired.gif

...still well worth watching at 3 am though.

but I have to admit... there were too many screw-ups during the season... particularly the Belgian GP... Lewis was nuts!
laugh.gif

Next year's going to be a different story... no more grooved slicks...

edit: yeah. So much for DC's final race. I agree that those two are definitely one of the best teammates.

Originally Posted by kdwallace

So what are the bets that Glock gets a McLaren contract or at least a big check?
an SLR is about to be shipped to the Toyota headquarters.

Back
Top Bottom