Formula 1 2008 Post

Wasn't expecting much from Hamilton this weekend with the grid penalty but he might have gotten points if it wasn't for the drive through penaltysuffered early in the race.

Tchau.

Juschiang - I think Kimi's engine is on its first race, so Ferrari will likely be using Kimi's "1 permitted engine change" for the BritishGP...

alright, so to recap for the last 4 months..............the stewards cheat for ferrari, ferrari goes back to traditional lollipop, kimi doesn't care,lewis is awesome, vettel is awesome, the safety car is a joke, blah blah blah

fianl race of the season tomorrow, 11:30 on speedtv. qualifying today at 12:00, speedtv.

hopefully hamilton takes it.

interlagos.jpg

[table][tr][th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]Driver[/th] [th=""]Nationality[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Points[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Lewis Hamilton[/td] [td]British[/td] [td]McLaren-Mercedes[/td] [td]94[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Felipe Massa[/td] [td]Brazilian[/td] [td]Ferrari[/td] [td]87[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Robert Kubica[/td] [td]Polish[/td] [td]BMW Sauber[/td] [td]75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Kimi Räikkönen[/td] [td]Finnish[/td] [td]Ferrari[/td] [td]69[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Nick Heidfeld[/td] [td]German[/td] [td]BMW Sauber[/td] [td]60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Fernando Alonso[/td] [td]Spanish[/td] [td]Renault[/td] [td]53[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Heikki Kovalainen[/td] [td]Finnish[/td] [td]McLaren-Mercedes[/td] [td]51[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Sebastian Vettel[/td] [td]German[/td] [td]STR-Ferrari[/td] [td]30[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Jarno Trulli[/td] [td]Italian[/td] [td]Toyota[/td] [td]30[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Timo Glock[/td] [td]German[/td] [td]Toyota[/td] [td]22[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Mark Webber[/td] [td]Australian[/td] [td]Red Bull-Renault[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Nelsinho Piquet[/td] [td]Brazilian[/td] [td]Renault[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Nico Rosberg[/td] [td]German[/td] [td]Williams-Toyota[/td] [td]17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Rubens Barrichello[/td] [td]Brazilian[/td] [td]Honda[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Kazuki Nakajima[/td] [td]Japanese[/td] [td]Williams-Toyota[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]David Coulthard[/td] [td]British[/td] [td]Red Bull-Renault[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Sebastien Bourdais[/td] [td]French[/td] [td]STR-Ferrari[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]Jenson Button[/td] [td]British[/td] [td]Honda[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19[/td] [td]Giancarlo Fisichella[/td] [td]Italian[/td] [td]Force India-Ferrari[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Adrian Sutil[/td] [td]German[/td] [td]Force India-Ferrari[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Takuma Sato[/td] [td]Japanese[/td] [td]Super Aguri-Honda[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]Anthony Davidson[/td] [td]British[/td] [td]Super Aguri-Honda[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]
Note - Super Aguri withdrew from the championship after round four.
[table][tr][th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Points[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Ferrari[/td] [td]156[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]McLaren-Mercedes[/td] [td]145[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]BMW Sauber[/td] [td]135[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Renault[/td] [td]72[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Toyota[/td] [td]52[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]STR-Ferrari[/td] [td]34[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Red Bull-Renault[/td] [td]29[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Williams-Toyota[/td] [td]26[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Honda[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Force India-Ferrari[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Super Aguri-Honda[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]
Note - Super Aguri withdrew from the championship after round four.

i can't take all the credit, i forgot this thread existed until you brought it up in the bpl thread

anyone watching the brazilian gp qualifying so far?

this is gonna be an interesting race. a complete deja-vu of last year's final race leading up to race day. alonso has been mouthing off about how he'lldo everything in his power out on the track to not let mclaren win, son sounds saaaalty. but Im a lifelong ferrari fan, i can't hate on alonso for that. Iread an article in the Toronto Star newspaper about how hamilton has not made any friends in F1. robert kubica, mark webber, raikkonen, fisichella and a fewothers have gone public with their dislike for this kid. guess his super aggressive driving style is making a lot of his peers cringe, i personally dont thinkthat he should get hated on for it but nonetheless. theres a lot of guys on that track that don't want hamilton to win, its going to be interesting howthis race works.

also both the ferraris start this weekend with a brand new engine but for hamilton this is the second race weekend for his engine so he has to be carefulthrough qualifying on how much mileage he puts on it and how hard he can push all race long.

F1 being exciting once again with down-to-the-wire championship races in back to back years FTW!

it would be fly if vettel wins the pole.

hate for hamilton could also be because he is so popular. i don't know if his skin color has anything to do with his hate, but i'm sure there are someeuropean nations that don't care much for dark skinned people...but whatever, as long as no one tries to intentionally ruin is season tomorrow, i'mcool.

damn... how did Trulli get up there??? and P4 for Lewis... not good... the approach into the Senna S will be crucial...
smh.gif

EDIT - I figured that they'd fuel Lewis up for 12 laps and put him out in front... or maybe they did, but he had handling problems...
smh.gif

that qualifying was
pimp.gif

hamilton has to deal with both ferraris and the toyota of trulli being in front of him. and it can only be trickier when he peeps his rearview mirror to seealonso. this race is gonna be bonkers!

trulli!!!

this is ridiculous, they are trying to lose this championship again, i don't believe this

[table][tr][th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]No[/th] [th=""]Driver[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Q1[/th] [th=""]Q2[/th] [th=""]Q3[/th] [th=""]Laps[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Felipe Massa[/td] [td]Ferrari[/td] [td]1:11.830[/td] [td]1:11.875[/td] [td]1:12.368[/td] [td]17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]Jarno Trulli[/td] [td]Toyota[/td] [td]1:12.226[/td] [td]1:12.107[/td] [td]1:12.737[/td] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Kimi Räikkönen[/td] [td]Ferrari[/td] [td]1:12.083[/td] [td]1:11.950[/td] [td]1:12.825[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]Lewis Hamilton[/td] [td]McLaren-Mercedes[/td] [td]1:12.213[/td] [td]1:11.856[/td] [td]1:12.830[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]Heikki Kovalainen[/td] [td]McLaren-Mercedes[/td] [td]1:12.366[/td] [td]1:11.768[/td] [td]1:12.917[/td] [td]17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]Fernando Alonso[/td] [td]Renault[/td] [td]1:12.214[/td] [td]1:12.090[/td] [td]1:12.967[/td] [td]18[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]Sebastian Vettel[/td] [td]STR-Ferrari[/td] [td]1:12.390[/td] [td]1:11.845[/td] [td]1:13.082[/td] [td]20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Nick Heidfeld[/td] [td]BMW Sauber[/td] [td]1:12.371[/td] [td]1:12.026[/td] [td]1:13.297[/td] [td]18[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]Sebastien Bourdais[/td] [td]STR-Ferrari[/td] [td]1:12.498[/td] [td]1:12.075[/td] [td]1:14.105[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]Timo Glock[/td] [td]Toyota[/td] [td]1:12.223[/td] [td]1:11.909[/td] [td]1:14.230[/td] [td]24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Nelsinho Piquet[/td] [td]Renault[/td] [td]1:12.348[/td] [td]1:12.137[/td] [td][/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Mark Webber[/td] [td]Red Bull-Renault[/td] [td]1:12.409[/td] [td]1:12.289[/td] [td][/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Robert Kubica[/td] [td]BMW Sauber[/td] [td]1:12.381[/td] [td]1:12.300[/td] [td][/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]David Coulthard[/td] [td]Red Bull-Renault[/td] [td]1:12.690[/td] [td]1:12.717[/td] [td][/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]Rubens Barrichello[/td] [td]Honda[/td] [td]1:12.548[/td] [td]1:13.139[/td] [td][/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Kazuki Nakajima[/td] [td]Williams-Toyota[/td] [td]1:12.800[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]Jenson Button[/td] [td]Honda[/td] [td]1:12.810[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]Nico Rosberg[/td] [td]Williams-Toyota[/td] [td]1:13.002[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]Giancarlo Fisichella[/td] [td]Force India-Ferrari[/td] [td]1:13.426[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]Adrian Sutil[/td] [td]Force India-Ferrari[/td] [td]1:13.508[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][/table]

well I guess you can look at it this way... assuming that everyone gets out of turns 1 & 2 safely, ultimately Lewis is just racing kimi and massa... Trulliqualified well, but he's not 'racing' the front-runners... hopefully, Kovi can slot in behind lewis and give him some 'protection' againstalonso...

sebastian vettel is turning out to be one of my fave drivers of this season, son is straight up fierce
smokin.gif
hope theres good things for him in the future

if alonso slips in behind hamilton, this race is gonna be super interesting. i wouldnt count out vettel, check his Q2 time thats staggeringly quick. the kidcan flat out drive, anything can happen and he'll be up in the top group. its supposed to rain during race day which also suits vettel quite well, but itdoes also suit hamilton even better. that worries me, raikkonen isnt that good in the rain. i see that mclaren made a design change to their rear wing for thisfinal race, it just might work well in their favor if it rains because its supposed to give better rear grip in the medium-to-fast corners.

early weather reports indicate that theres an 80% chance of a wet race... rain and thunder storms... makes things a lot more interesting...

well to be fair, I think a lot had to do with how the Ferrari handled in the wet... even Kimi had problems... but ultimately, I don't care what massadoes... if he wins, fine, as long as Lewis stays out of trouble...

that may be easier said than done...

"I do not believe Lewis Hamilton will make it past the first corner of the race," former triple world champion and Brazilian Nelson Piquet told Globoesporte.

"There are many drivers in the field who do not like him," the father of the Renault driver Nelson Piquet Jr added.

its pouring now!!!

and race control has indicated that there will be a 10 minute delay... just started pouring...!!!

EDIT - now the sun's out!

the weather has been ridiculous! it was pouring and then now theres sun?

this weather clearly favors mclaren, for some reason ferrari just don't handle the wet like they used to with schumi at the wheel. I say they start on thewets, the slicks need a high temperature to hold their pressure and provide grip. with those wet #2 and 3 corners they'll be sliding in the slicks. thisrace is gonna be about taking risks and we'll see which ones fail and which pay off. im getting nervous

edit: there is a lotta dislike for hamilton from other drivers. I really wouldnt be surprised if there is attempt on the circuit to not have him finish in thetop 5. as much as im a ferrari guy, i dont wish any harm for hamilton i think hes been super aggressive and I hope the race goes all fair.

Back
Top Bottom