Formula 1 2008 Post

Danica not too sure about a F1 drive
Monday 2nd March 2009

Danica Patrick says she would have to give serious consideration to leaving the IndyCar Series in favour of a career in Formula one.

Patrick, together with another American drivers, has been linked to a race-seat with the new USF1 team, who have already expressed their desire to have American drivers in their cars.

The 26-year-old female, though, insists she won't just jump at the chance but rather would have to give it some serious thought.

"The first thing I think of is does it even fit?" Patrick said.

"Is it going to get in the way of my IndyCar season? Is it going to get in the way of my prior obligations? Is it going to make me tired?

"Is it going to be something that's not going to just really work into the schedule and then also is it something that I really want to do?"

Another aspect she wants to consider is whether or not herself could be successful in Formula One.

"I don't believe that it's very productive to lead people on if it's not something that I'm interested in because you're really opening yourself up then," she said.

"What if you go and do it and it doesn't go ideally or perfect and you don't set the world on fire? Then all of a sudden all you did was just open yourself up to criticism.

"So I would think about it and I would check the schedule, and we'll cross that bridge if it ever comes."

WTH, she hasn't even tested yet, but she's already talking about things like her 'schedule'? She's making it sound like the USF1 drive isher's already and that its up to her to decide on if it will fit??? I'm becoming more and more interested in seeing how her lap times will comparewith the rest of the field.

i don't see why we would go after danica when we can go after some other indycar drivers who are bumming around in nascar, like sam hornish, a former threetime champion.

three titles > one win

bump her popularity

brawn on pace to win every race-

Not only was Rubens Barrichello atop the timesheets, he bettered teammate Jenson Button's astonishing time of Wednesday and was nearly a full second clear of the quickest of his dumbfounded rivals.

The cynics are not now wondering if the BGP001 is fuelled light, but how much below the mandatory 605kg minimum weight it is circulating.

Up and down the pitlane, however, the message is clear: if Brawn is running representative fuel and a legal weight, the car is the runaway favourite to win in Australia.
man, honda ditched at the wrong time, they were about to strike plutonium.

Mar.17 (GMM) The World Motor Sport Council on Tuesday rejected F1 teams' unanimous proposal to tweak the formula one points system.

However, the governing FIA did adopt a variant of Bernie Ecclestone's 'medals' idea, to be implemented immediately, where the winner of the most grands prix is crowned 2009 world champion.

Unlike on Olympic rostrums, there will be no actual medals awarded, with the existing 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 points system still applying to both the drivers' and constructors' tallies.

But, using the example of the 2008 season, if the winner of the most races (Felipe Massa) lags his closest rival (Lewis Hamilton) in points, the former would win the championship according to the new system.

And "if two or more drivers finish the season with the same number of wins, the title will be awarded to the driver with the most points," the FIA said in a statement after a meeting in Paris.

Also on Tuesday, the FIA rubber-stamped a number of measures to enhance spectators' enjoyment of the sport via the media.

For instance, the weights of cars will be published after qualifying, and mandatory driver autograph sessions and interviews will take place at races.

Also, Brawn GP's name change was officially accepted.
silly, should've just changed the win points from ten to twelve.

almost time to start the 09 thread

Mar.21 (GMM) F1's governing body has agreed to call off the immediate implementation of its newly announced 'winner takes all' scoring system, amid the determined opposition of the teams.

The FOTA team alliance on Friday said it had gathered in the wake of the World Motor Sport Council's announcement this week "to question the validity of this decision".

It had been becoming clear to observers that the scoring rule change, and the voluntary budget cap for 2010, was part of the wider political battle over the future of the sport
http://www.f1way.com/news/2009/March/21/fia-agrees-to-call-off-new-scoring-system

thank goodness.

Back
Top Bottom