Forget the fact that he's a Wizard for a second...John Wall's rookie season

I doubt he stays in Washington though. Probably end up in a big market after his rookie contract.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

I doubt he stays in Washington though. Probably end up in a big market after his rookie contract.

Probably? Based on what, exactly?

Oh, and the Washington Metropolitan area is a top 10 market, genius. 

Probably? Based on what, exactly?

Oh, and the Washington Metropolitan area is a top 10 market, genius. 

As good as Rose has been this year.. I still like Wall more. I know, call me crazy but whatever lol.

As good as Rose has been this year.. I still like Wall more. I know, call me crazy but whatever lol.

Originally Posted by MBen32

He's having a great year for a rookie. Glad he was drafted to the Wizards, I'm able to watch their games whenever, due to living in the area.

& Although Blake has blown up this year, I still believe Wall will be the better out of the 2(Not sure how popular of an opinion that is)
I love his upside more than Blake's, as far as room for improvement he has a lot more & for being as good as he already is, if he reaches his full potential.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
I think you're underestimating Griffin's upside.  Just because he's putting up crazy numbers now doesn't mean he can't improve.  I think Griffin can still make considerable improvements in his jump shooting, free throws, post moves and defense.  
Anyway, since this thread is about Wall, I like him a lot.  He needs to cut down on his turnovers, but that will come with maturity.  I can only imagine what it would be like if the Clippers somehow won the lottery again last year.  Wall and Griffin together would be sick.  

Originally Posted by MBen32

He's having a great year for a rookie. Glad he was drafted to the Wizards, I'm able to watch their games whenever, due to living in the area.

& Although Blake has blown up this year, I still believe Wall will be the better out of the 2(Not sure how popular of an opinion that is)
I love his upside more than Blake's, as far as room for improvement he has a lot more & for being as good as he already is, if he reaches his full potential.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
I think you're underestimating Griffin's upside.  Just because he's putting up crazy numbers now doesn't mean he can't improve.  I think Griffin can still make considerable improvements in his jump shooting, free throws, post moves and defense.  
Anyway, since this thread is about Wall, I like him a lot.  He needs to cut down on his turnovers, but that will come with maturity.  I can only imagine what it would be like if the Clippers somehow won the lottery again last year.  Wall and Griffin together would be sick.  

Agreed with Nolan. He slows down a bit and develops that outside jumper...he can be as good as any in the league. He'll learn to not force it so much with experience, so I could easily see him being top 5 next year right behind CP/Rondo/DWill/Rose. He's just that gifted.
I think myself and OP have said it more than anyone else on here in the last 2 years or so, but
pimp.gif
@ this Renaissance of PG's blossoming in hoops today. We better appreciate it, cause it truly is something special.

Agreed with Nolan. He slows down a bit and develops that outside jumper...he can be as good as any in the league. He'll learn to not force it so much with experience, so I could easily see him being top 5 next year right behind CP/Rondo/DWill/Rose. He's just that gifted.
I think myself and OP have said it more than anyone else on here in the last 2 years or so, but
pimp.gif
@ this Renaissance of PG's blossoming in hoops today. We better appreciate it, cause it truly is something special.

You figured all that out 43 games in?  Impressive....

wonder what folks were saying about KD in his rookie year in Seattle? 

*I'll dig around for the quote, but I think it was Ted Leonsis who said that Wall's shoes were modified after his injury....remember Kobe's quote about wall wearing Nike's to fix his foot issues? 
laugh.gif

You figured all that out 43 games in?  Impressive....

wonder what folks were saying about KD in his rookie year in Seattle? 

*I'll dig around for the quote, but I think it was Ted Leonsis who said that Wall's shoes were modified after his injury....remember Kobe's quote about wall wearing Nike's to fix his foot issues? 
laugh.gif

I don't have any reason to believe Wall would want to leave DC. Who would right now?

Just because you don't play in LA, CHI, Miami, or NYC, doesn't mean the city is undesirable.

I don't have any reason to believe Wall would want to leave DC. Who would right now?

Just because you don't play in LA, CHI, Miami, or NYC, doesn't mean the city is undesirable.

I only see him leaving if he fulfills most of his potential, is one of the top tier players in the L, and the team still isn't going anywhere. So give it 5-7 years.

I only see him leaving if he fulfills most of his potential, is one of the top tier players in the L, and the team still isn't going anywhere. So give it 5-7 years.

lol at blake griffin not being able to improve on his game. he has a better upside than wall.

whats crazy about griffin is he is actually improving during the season. hes shooting free throws way better than he was early in the season. hes perfecting that bank shot and you can tell his jumper is getting better.

if dude improved his defense man...

lol at blake griffin not being able to improve on his game. he has a better upside than wall.

whats crazy about griffin is he is actually improving during the season. hes shooting free throws way better than he was early in the season. hes perfecting that bank shot and you can tell his jumper is getting better.

if dude improved his defense man...

Originally Posted by D723

I know the Rose and Wall comparisons have been made a bunch due to them both playing under Coach Cal... but the classic criticism of D. Rose not having "IT" in the big moments can't be made against Wall. John Wall has a TON of the Superstar "IT" quality in him and performs at his best under the big lights. He is a prodigy IMO.

Came in here to give The Great Wall props then read this... I'm confused... What are these "Big Moments" you speak of?
85e25bd44e74c83954ea95035166cfe4d04856e_r.gif

Interms of my guy John though... he's only going to get better, the game seems as easy as it was for him at UK which is just *@+#!%! scary
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by D723

I know the Rose and Wall comparisons have been made a bunch due to them both playing under Coach Cal... but the classic criticism of D. Rose not having "IT" in the big moments can't be made against Wall. John Wall has a TON of the Superstar "IT" quality in him and performs at his best under the big lights. He is a prodigy IMO.

Came in here to give The Great Wall props then read this... I'm confused... What are these "Big Moments" you speak of?
85e25bd44e74c83954ea95035166cfe4d04856e_r.gif

Interms of my guy John though... he's only going to get better, the game seems as easy as it was for him at UK which is just *@+#!%! scary
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom