Foodwise, isn't there ALWAYS something better in New York?

It's a known fact that NY > *

We make food from other countries better than the countries that originally created them.

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by reigndrop

The only other city that I can compare to NYC foodwise would be Chicago, along with many other Euro countries. Other cities Stateside are pale in comparison. That includes L.A. and San Francisco, btw.

Uh no, SF is consistently ranked among the top dining cities in America and LA Mexican food >>> *
You know that's a god damned lie. San Diego Mexican Food +##+% on LA Mexican...let's be real here

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

The South has the best BBQ
The Northeast has the best seafood
Cali has the best Mexican food

If you count Kansas city as the south i agree...but Texas is putting it down from what i've heard so can't really argue, I just know that KC BBQ is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Northeast does have some good !+% seafood...Lobster Rolls from Cape Cod
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Also a big fan of Legal Seafoods, go there everytime i'm in Boston...their Lobster Bisque is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Smoked salmon is better in than Vancouver? Really now?
Deep fried ____ from NY > Texas? No sir.
Thai/Viet/*** food is worse on west coast? Get outta here.

NY is great and all but c'mon son.

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Homer alert:

You're not getting a cheesesteak anywhere in New York that even comes close to a cheesesteak from Philadelphia.

Pats and Genos is overrated.

Been there, while it was great, I could find something in NYC just as good.

This coming from a Native Ride or Die Ny'er
From a person whos traveled a lot the last yr.

Pizza is definitely better in NYC with the exception of chicago deep dish (amazing).
SF is definitely a city with some diversity.
Unbelievable Pho, Ramen (cant find a decent spot in NYC) and "in n out" Devours any Fast Food Chain we got here in NY including the pricey 5 guys, Shake shack (amazing milkshake BTW) and imo best burger spot in nyc (burger joint).

One store that I loved in SF was IKES sandwiches. AMAZING sandwiches. Burrito spots on Mission street i believe are def. wayyyy cheaper bigger and more delicious in sf.

ONE THING that NY has is italian food IMO. Chinese food will also always be more distinct and better here. AND HALAL Carts only in nyc can you have a heartattack in a box.

Korean BBQ imo are amazingly good in nyc also.
As far as hot dogs, NY is way overrated Chicago has amazing hotdogs with ill toppings.

Seattle Japanese food > all

Just my 2 cents

NYC pizza is extremely over-rated.

I tried like 3 different NYC pizza parlors and I asked myself "what is this garbage?" every single time.

The local pizza shops here owned by Afghans and Pakistanis > NYC Pizza.

I can honestly say that I've tried better tasting pizza in 3 completely different cities that are way better than NYC pizza.

New York. Great City. Crappy Pizza.

Also, I find a lot of NYC dudes here claim that their city is the best in the world but I bet most of them have never even left the country.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Homer alert:

You're not getting a cheesesteak anywhere in New York that even comes close to a cheesesteak from Philadelphia.

Pats and Genos is overrated.

Been there, while it was great, I could find something in NYC just as good.

There ain't just Pat's and Geno's though.

And having lived in NYC for 8 years I can tell you...no, no you can't.  I've been trying.

Originally Posted by Wade187

Lowell Mass has the best cambodian food on earth  

but thats prolly cuz Lowell, Mass is full of Cambodian immigrants

word to dave chappelle

chappelle-breastmilk-300x215.jpg

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

NYC pizza is extremely over-rated.

I tried like 3 different NYC pizza parlors and I asked myself "what is this garbage?" every single time.

The local pizza shops here owned by Afghans and Pakistanis > NYC Pizza.

I can honestly say that I've tried better tasting pizza in 3 completely different cities that are way better than NYC pizza.

New York. Great City. Crappy Pizza.

Also, I find a lot of NYC dudes here claim that their city is the best in the world but I bet most of them have never even left the country.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Youre bugging my dude. You can say another other food in NY is disgusting but don't EVER insult NY pizza. 

OG italian immigrants who invented pizza and came to NY> Afghan & Pakistani immigrants who dont know jack *#%# about pizza.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by TacC4

people from new york claim their $&*# smells better. its a great city, congrats. but lets be realistic. you're talking about a "city" that is almost 7000 sq. miles and has ~20 million residents. its almost impossible to NOT have good food from every cuisine due to the shear number of people. so NY has the most good restaurants, fine. but it also has the most terrible restaurants. somebody mentioned that SF couldn't compare to NY. yeah, no kidding. SF is less than 50 sq. miles and has less than 1 million people. the biggest problem w/this comparison is that "New York" is too broad to even be considered a city. i can get to any 2 restaurants in SF within 30 minutes v. hours in NY. and i actually dislike almost every minute that i spend in SF but its just not a realistic argument. you'd have to put the entire bay area (Napa, SJ, Oakland, SF) up against NY, and even then you're talking about a region that is 1/3 the population of NY.

and why does this have to be NY v. CHI v. SF v. LA??? you can't tell me the mexican food in NY > the mexican food IN MEXICO. you think dude's in shanghai are craving mai fun from the bronx? gmafb. any regional item is going to be better in the region where it originated.

besides, having a car > living in NY.
You dont have an avatar, your opinion is null and void

laugh.gif

BBQ and Mexican food in Texas is where its at!!

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by reigndrop

The only other city that I can compare to NYC foodwise would be Chicago, along with many other Euro countries. Other cities Stateside are pale in comparison. That includes L.A. and San Francisco, btw.

Uh no, SF is consistently ranked among the top dining cities in America and LA Mexican food >>> *
You know that's a god damned lie. San Diego Mexican Food +##+% on LA Mexican...let's be real here

not really and ive lived in both places. sd got the cali mex flavor but la got better authentic stuff.

Back
Top Bottom