Foodwise, isn't there ALWAYS something better in New York?

well im going to nyc (bk) for a few days nxt week.. whats a must have place to stop at..

id recommend a good sushi/wine bar as well.

thanks

-

anyone been to carnegie deli? sad to admit i've lived in nyc since birth and have never been there
tired.gif

Homer alert:

You're not getting a cheesesteak anywhere in New York that even comes close to a cheesesteak from Philadelphia.

I've never been to Chicago, so I can't comment on their pizza.

From what I've seen, Chicago pizza is more like a "pie" rather than pizza. Sounds silly, but you've got NY pizza, which is thin, whereas Chicago is thick. It's almost 2 different kinds of food.

You can't get a bagel anywhere else though. NY Water FTW.

people from new york claim their $&*# smells better. its a great city, congrats. but lets be realistic. you're talking about a "city" that is almost 7000 sq. miles and has ~20 million residents. its almost impossible to NOT have good food from every cuisine due to the shear number of people. so NY has the most good restaurants, fine. but it also has the most terrible restaurants. somebody mentioned that SF couldn't compare to NY. yeah, no kidding. SF is less than 50 sq. miles and has less than 1 million people. the biggest problem w/this comparison is that "New York" is too broad to even be considered a city. i can get to any 2 restaurants in SF within 30 minutes v. hours in NY. and i actually dislike almost every minute that i spend in SF but its just not a realistic argument. you'd have to put the entire bay area (Napa, SJ, Oakland, SF) up against NY, and even then you're talking about a region that is 1/3 the population of NY.

and why does this have to be NY v. CHI v. SF v. LA??? you can't tell me the mexican food in NY > the mexican food IN MEXICO. you think dude's in shanghai are craving mai fun from the bronx? gmafb. any regional item is going to be better in the region where it originated.

besides, having a car > living in NY.

There are states that have much better Thai, Viet, Mexican, BBQ, Cuban food

NY has a lot of different types of foods but they aren't always the best to offer

I love to find a new spot that is great, and when I was in NYC I had some GREAT food. But you can find great food anywhere even in small towns across the US

Originally Posted by the north west

There are states that have much better Thai, Viet, Mexican, BBQ, Cuban food

NY has a lot of different types of foods but they aren't always the best to offer
You live in Oregon......Oregon, though

Originally Posted by TacC4

people from new york claim their $&*# smells better. its a great city, congrats. but lets be realistic. you're talking about a "city" that is almost 7000 sq. miles and has ~20 million residents. its almost impossible to NOT have good food from every cuisine due to the shear number of people. so NY has the most good restaurants, fine. but it also has the most terrible restaurants. somebody mentioned that SF couldn't compare to NY. yeah, no kidding. SF is less than 50 sq. miles and has less than 1 million people. the biggest problem w/this comparison is that "New York" is too broad to even be considered a city. i can get to any 2 restaurants in SF within 30 minutes v. hours in NY. and i actually dislike almost every minute that i spend in SF but its just not a realistic argument. you'd have to put the entire bay area (Napa, SJ, Oakland, SF) up against NY, and even then you're talking about a region that is 1/3 the population of NY.

and why does this have to be NY v. CHI v. SF v. LA??? you can't tell me the mexican food in NY > the mexican food IN MEXICO. you think dude's in shanghai are craving mai fun from the bronx? gmafb. any regional item is going to be better in the region where it originated.

besides, having a car > living in NY.
You dont have an avatar, your opinion is null and void

Nothing will touch San Diego when it comes to Mexican food....(except Mexico)

And Cali got the all the Asian food restaurants on lock.  (Viet, Thai, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Chinese...etc) Cali > Your state.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Mexico is 5 mins away from Chula Vista fam, it mine as well be mexico.

ny is cool and i like the city but you dudes are feeling yourselves way too much

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

But Cali style Mexican food > Real mexican food. 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

But Cali style Mexican food > Real mexican food. 
tongue.gif
Thats cause they ain't got carne asada fries in Mexico.

Originally Posted by Dank Roofus

All I know is NY pizzas > anywhere else on this god damn earth.
It's that mental block thing we got...

I been around a ton of US cities.

Every time I've had a slice outside of NY I was disgusted...
laugh.gif

The SF Bay Area has great food but, if we're talking overall, I wouldn't hesitate at all to say that NYC has better food. Their Japanese food is definitely better than anything we have over here. We have better ramen though
laugh.gif
. Chinese food in NYC is also a ton better than what can be found here in Bay Area. Their Chinatown is like a slice of Hong Kong/Shanghai.

NYC pizza is whatever
ohwell.gif
Chicago deep dish is better.

Back
Top Bottom