Foodwise, isn't there ALWAYS something better in New York?

Everybody does this. Whenever there's a Chipotle post, it's always some bitter Mexican in there like, "Psshh, my great aunt makes way better burritos."

Originally Posted by reigndrop

The only other city that I can compare to NYC foodwise would be Chicago, along with many other Euro countries. Other cities Stateside are pale in comparison. That includes L.A. and San Francisco, btw.

The only other city that I can compare to NYC foodwise would be Chicago, along with many other Euro countries. Other cities Stateside are pale in comparison. That includes L.A. and San Francisco, btw.

Uh no, SF is consistently ranked among the top dining cities in America and LA Mexican food >>> *

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

In and Out Burger is not in NYC, so Burger wise, nope

5 Guys>>>In N' OUT

In and Out Prices ar better, but quality wise 5 guys blows it out of the water.

Originally Posted by Nash

Uh no, SF is consistently ranked among the top dining cities in America and LA Mexican food >>> *
Cali's got Mexican food, and even then, it's not even cali, anything north of San Diego is like road kill.

SF's got nothing, unless you're willing to count the French Laundry, which is in Napa.

Chicago has:
Charlie Trotter's
Alinea
Moto
Avec
OG Morton's
Gene and Georgetti's
etc.

NY has:
Peter Luger's
Le Bernadin
Per se
Daniel
Masa
Jean Georges
etc.

I can go on forever..

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

SF is one of the most diverse cities in the US, the city has every type of food you can imagine. many of the restaurants are ranked top in the country

Originally Posted by therenegade23

How about Pho? You can't tell me NYC has the best Pho.

Best Vietnamese food, including pho, is in Westminster or Southern Cali. I'm not even from Socal, but their Vietnamese food is the best because they have so much competition among Vietnamese restaurants, so the price is very cheap, and the quality of food is through the roof. Plus, they still have a lot of Vietnamese immigrants coming over and bringing along real Vietnamese recipes.

Even if you look up the top 50 restaurants in the world, the only restaurants from the US are from SF, LA, or NYC (with a Bay Area restaurant ranked #3 in the world, higher than any other US city). NYC has more good places to eat, which id expect with an 8 mil+ population, but to say our food "pales in comparison" is a reach

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

cherry valley

smokin.gif
We would hit them out often in the summer time after some
smokin.gif
. I go to the one in whitestone I heard Corona one doesn't have the same stuff.

Originally Posted by Nash

Cali's got Mexican food, and even then, it's not even cali, anything north of San Diego is like road kill.

SF's got nothing, unless you're willing to count the French Laundry, which is in Napa.

Chicago has:
Charlie Trotter's
Alinea
Moto
Avec
OG Morton's
Gene and Georgetti's
etc.

NY has:
Peter Luger's
Le Bernadin
Per se
Daniel
Masa
Jean Georges
etc.

I can go on forever..
I could post a bunch of world class west coast restaurants but it's much easier to let you think you are right.  have a nice day

QFT
pimp.gif

Yup ... Chicago = if not > NYC for food ... but i eat out more in Chicago than i do here at home 
smh.gif

All I know is that NY Pizza is way overhyped. It's good, but it's not the best I've ever had. Granted I've only had it from several places but all of them were "OMG this is the best pizza in New York you gotta try it!"

Originally Posted by Boot and Leg

I have to say that's not really true. I for one think that San Francisco had the BEST breakfasts' I ever had ever. every day the breakfast meal was better than the last. Anything that needs water to be made (pizza, bagels, etc.) always tastes better in NYC.
ypu must have went to dotties huh. the line for that place can be hours on sundays.

Back
Top Bottom