Foodwise, isn't there ALWAYS something better in New York?

Not saying that there is, but if you are traveling somewhere with a native New Yorker, or have a New Yorker visiting you in whatever city...doesn't whatever cuisine you eat always pale in comparison to something that can be found in one of the 5 Boroughs?  I was eating with some friends the other day in the DMV (Italian Store), and we had some subs....now the Italian Store is WELL known in the DC area for having some of the best deli meats, sandwiches, etc....the food was
pimp.gif
  Anyways, somehow someone in our group said, "NY Deli's are better..."  I live in Queens for a while, and I do enjoy a good sandwich from a NY Deli, but if a sub is good, how can you even make that comparison?  I'm sure you all have friends that do this when eating pizza, Thai, etc.....I just find it funny...

The only other city that I can compare to NYC foodwise would be Chicago, along with many other Euro countries. Other cities Stateside are pale in comparison. That includes L.A. and San Francisco, btw.

It really depends on the type of cuisine too. NYC has deli's EVERYWHERE where you can find a banging sub. 1 thing I wish NYC had more of that I know are everywhere on the west coast are those taco trucks.

I find myself doing this a lot. I'm in Albany for school and I just don't like the food up here. Sure I find a few good places to eat but with Chinese food, pizza and subs I can't find a place I like (when I'm sober). Hell I even complain about the bagels.
smh.gif

Yea there's always /that/ guy in the group who can't bring himself to say he likes something and has to compare it to something he's had better in the past.

Not just food either. You could be at freaking Disney World and some lame will claim that Coney Island is better.

I have to say that's not really true. I for one think that San Francisco had the BEST breakfasts' I ever had ever. every day the breakfast meal was better than the last. Anything that needs water to be made (pizza, bagels, etc.) always tastes better in NYC.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

cherry valley

smokin.gif
The Corona
pimp.gif

Anytime I'm going near the Whitestone, CV is a definite stop.....that place gets ridiculously crowded at night
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dank Roofus

All I know is NY pizzas > anywhere else on this god damn earth.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

i havent had chicago pizza, i hear thats better than ny pizza. But as far as the other places I've gone (not many places lol)..NY pizza is indeed >
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Paycheck26

laugh.gif
roll.gif

i havent had chicago pizza, i hear thats better than ny pizza. But as far as the other places I've gone (not many places lol)..NY pizza is indeed >
pimp.gif

Dani's Pizza in Kew Gardens, NY is the best pizza I ever ate. Nothing compares.

Originally Posted by Paycheck26

laugh.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif
Well I have had Chicago casserole,  it really is delicious. Put it in the pizza category however, nothing comes close to NY Pizza.

i dont know which Ray's pizza is really the "original" but when i was in NY a few years ago i went to one and was not impressed

at all, i would have honestly rather had papa johns

Originally Posted by needsomejays

i dont know which Ray's pizza is really the "original" but when i was in NY a few years ago i went to one and was not impressed

at all, i would have honestly rather had papa johns

this is the og
ny432a.jpg

then it was famous original ray's

492839847_ce477c869d.jpg

Mexican food isn't better in NY.

I'll put up Houston as having some of the best restaurant selections in the US.  Why do you think everyone is so fat?

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Its the water. NY water is on par with bottled. Don't believe me? Google it.
This.  So use to it, when I went out of states I couldn't drink anything expect for bottled water.  I remember 1 time in Florida I couldn't enjoy a sprite because the ice was just
sick.gif

Originally Posted by bruza

Mexican food isn't better in NY.

I'll put up Houston as having some of the best restaurant selections in the US.  Why do you think everyone is so fat?
The amount of butter that they use in the south is just
eek.gif

I'm getting in the mood for some tacos right now
laugh.gif

lol, i stay sying that wherever i go. "yea this hot dog is good and all, but in new york theyre 10x better, im just sayin" lol. Yea the only thing nyc isnt godly with is the mexican, although there are a few
pimp.gif
joints over in sunset park, and a fewothers scattered around.

Back
Top Bottom