FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

26E14E6D-5365-4840-9E85-F72F1B378720.jpeg

Taco Cabana in h-town, TX

Will I go back probably not.

Went to South St burger since I was tight on time. Their food was good for a fast food spot.

Chicken nacho sandwich with guacamole, cheddar, lettuce, goat cheese, pico and jalapeño ranch. Local beer was pretty good too.

AD18D900-FE04-4A92-B9D1-58DD0F1A4C89.jpeg
Fries look good as hell.

Bun looks good and full of texture.

So I had Burger King for the first time in forever. The 2 for $6 isn't too bad.

061DB8E6-EE6B-4FC3-8E48-C15E4B0CF537.jpeg

Had "Gyro King" from Fordham road earlier for lunch. Still the best gyro I've had in my life need to hit some other spots downtown

2BBF9ED4-C54E-42DF-873E-B250F6F9EEB1.jpeg

Cream cheese, spinach, and mozzarella stuffed boneless chicken for dinner. Shorty need to hurry up and get in before me and my daughter demolish this pan :lol:

Indian buffet today. Called Favorite Indian Buffet in Union City, CA, there are two other locations. Lunch was $11 that's a good deal for AYCE.

Top left going clockwise: Goat curry (excellent, no gamey taste to the point you'd think it's beef if it wasn't labeled what it was), fried fish pakora (also excellent), you get a basket of garlic naan brought to your table, veg rice/and basmati, and butter chicken. There were more items but I forgot to take a pic of the first plate that had it.
20180805_114816.jpg

Mango soft serve, got a cone to go too. You'd be set with goat curry, fried fish and ice cream.
20180805_122254.jpg

When you said goat curry, it threw me for a loop and then I realize it’s curry goat. Lol.

ya thats pretty disgusting...ive been watching movies lately and get a good price for a matinee which is 6 bucks... and i just cop some small popcorn that i never finish for 6 and bring my own drink in... its absurd that my popcorn is the same or more than the actual movie tickets but it is what it is... you wont see me diggin in the trash :lol:

Not even sure how you can compare the visuals of oysters vs. Balut

Looking at a video now

Was not about to watch an 8 min vid but for all his hesitance and finicky ways once he realized it ess a race he scarfed down that about quick.

Didn't seem that bad.

Half you dudes in here eat da butt. Have you seen a prolapse anus? Balut should be nothing.
How does balut differ from a Peking duck.

Or a whole pig.

A raw oyster, visually, is disgusting, but nobody cares about that.

A lobster even.
To your point, I feel the exact way about all fish and sea creatures. Never find me consuming nasty *** crustreaceans.
But I am sure people that DO (eat it), "understand" how it is a turn-off to others. 8)

Or maybe they would try to convince folks that bugs look just like rice and peas?

Who knows
Probably the latter.

Other cultures when it comes to cuisine especially when they're not that knowlesable about others see nothing wrong with eating roaches and crickets.

Last edited:
Sorry for the bad pic quality

Was at the OC Fair yesterday. Had a Beef Kebob and a bacon double cheeseburger. The burger was fire. It was weird that the bacon was boiled, but I actually liked it.
20180805_124631.jpg
20180805_152919.jpg

Fried some plantains . Perfect level of crisp outer side, soft interior. Not all mush like most places.

20180806_175348.jpg
20180806_182608.jpg

I eat balut.

by i understand if people dont like it bc of the visual presentation.

but yall straight arguing like pekpeks rn.

different strokes for different folks.

dassit mayne

061DB8E6-EE6B-4FC3-8E48-C15E4B0CF537.jpeg

Had "Gyro King" from Fordham road earlier for lunch. Still the best gyro I've had in my life need to hit some other spots downtown
Man, Gyro King really isn't all that. Had it a few times and instant runs, it's the only spot where a gyro does that to me.

Back
Top Bottom