FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Not trying to argue what you prefer, but how is an oven quicker? How long did it take you to finish that?

In a pan, you can hit it 2.5 mins per side and it is done. Depending on your preferred temp

This T-bone steak was cut very thick at least 1/2 inch thick. It would have taken a lot more effort for me to have it they way I desire on a pan. Plus my stove top is electric not gas.

It's took at least 20-30 minutes in the oven with less effort. Came out good, but next go around I won't be as lazy.

This T-bone steak was cut very thick at least 1/2 inch thick. It would have taken a lot more effort for me to have it they way I desire on a pan. Plus my stove top is electric not gas.

It's took at least 20-30 minutes in the oven with less effort. Came out good, but next go around I won't be as lazy.
Did you want it well done?

Electric or gas, I am not seeing how a steak can take anywhere near 20 mins if cooked on a stove.

Maybe I am missing something.

Reactions: God
E2734321-998E-4B79-8D1F-27DFCD8CB422.jpeg
Serious business when you got it fitted with wheels and on a truck latch.

Did you want it well done?

Electric or gas, I am not seeing how a steak can take anywhere near 20 mins if cooked on a stove.

Maybe I am missing something.
Yes, well done. I rarely venture into blood territory.

My electric stove sucks. I've burnt good cuts of meat on it before.

It would have "chared" if went on my pan, and I would have wasted a good cut of meat again.

To me it was less effort. Since I don't have to be behind the stove top. Just throw it in the oven and let the oven do its thing.

Cool. It isn't blood, but cool.

I have only been eating red meat for about 5-6 years now, I used to eat it Well Done (when I even ate it) but my friends laughed me out about it so I did my research. Ate it medium well a few times, then graduated to medium. Never looked back. Tried medium rare once, wasn't a fan of the texture.

Have you tried charring on the stove and finishing in the oven?

Reactions: God
Yea, I really like Mission. Had them cater my daughter’s bday this year. I love the selection of sauces.
Their Banana Pudding is on point man. But it is hard to mess up Banana Pudding. Probably my favorite dessert. Not too sweet

Were they fire, our were our taste buds just garbage? Remember, we WERE kids at the time. We didn't know any better
Fast food was diff back then

Now they’ve introduced so many chemicals and crap that food in general that isn’t fresh is kinda garbage

Why do you think all these kids are all ****** up now... that’s a diff convo for a diff time/thread

Dig in the Park, North Charleston, SC. You know a spot is chill when they don’t maintain their Instagram. Wanted to ask for the poached egg but it was still good fried hard.

Fast food was diff back then

Now they’ve introduced so many chemicals and crap that food in general that isn’t fresh is kinda garbage

Why do you think all these kids are all ****ed up now... that’s a diff convo for a diff time/thread
I am not ruling it out but I am not si sure "that stuff" was in fast food way back when as well

Food contributes to weirdo kids, but the fact that more of them are working fulltime jobs as kids is more of an issue. Maintaining a social media presence and creating content IS a job, let’s be clear.

Burger King been trash since its inception.

Coincidentally I refuse to eat any kind of burger from them if I am forced to eat there. I had the whopper once and it was the first time in my life and it was a ******* joke. Garbage burger. Thin *** weak ads patty with a bunch of added toppings to fool ppl in thinking you're eating a bjg burger.

I don’t eat beef at mcdonalds

Chicken nuggets ok, chicken sandwiches taste really odd/fake

Fries are bomb tho

All fast food has fallen off.

Chick fil a>>>>>>>
All they sell are chicken though.

More comparable to KFC and Popeyes.

Shake shack >>>>>

Last edited:
I am not ruling it out but I am not si sure "that stuff" was in fast food way back when as well
Oh there was def some fake/chemical crap back then but not as much as now

Advancements in food and **** have changed dramatically with almost all the unnatural stuff we consume

I don’t look into that stuff but I mean we all know this, all the new chemicals and additives in food

Their Banana Pudding is on point man. But it is hard to mess up Banana Pudding. Probably my favorite dessert. Not too sweet

Oh man...banana pudding is one of my faves. Two places that I recommend that have EXCELLENT BP:

1. Ford's Fish Shack

2. Coastal Flats

Nah BK had a decently sized and cooked patty and the fries were nice. It's clearly changed for the worse.
mcdonalds only one that didn't change their fries because they knew if they did it would ruin business

but I think for decades everyone knew MCD had the best fries

but def, BK went through 2-3 changes with the fries, worse each time. they're downright disgusting now even if they're cooked perfectly and fresh out the fryer,

the meat is disgusting. used to actually look like beef before and had the fake grill marks. I don't think they even have those marks anymore

Oh man...banana pudding is one of my faves. Two places that I recommend that have EXCELLENT BP:

1. Ford's Fish Shack

2. Coastal Flats
There's a coastal flats down where my parents live, i go often when im down there, wish we had them up here.

Back
Top Bottom