FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

No boarshead no deal
IMG_0123.GIF

Not sure if i mentioned this. But i just remembered i finally got to try the chop cheese during my visit to NY. Best thing ive had and it was cheap too. What do yall local new Yorkers think about it?
Chopped cheese is the truth. Easily my favorite drunk food when I'm out with friends in Brooklyn. Been thinking about making a homemade one at some point soon. Will post pics when it happens.

I also take for granted the fact that classic deli/bodega-style egg sandwiches are a regional thing. A sausage, fried egg, and cheese on a kaiser with SPK soothes the soul. Those are reason enough to eat like you hate yourself.

Which is.....

Isn't it made with rabbit meat?
It's different, and no, not rabbit meat, unless that's your thing.
Texture and consistency is a lot different, even taste, take a burger and a chopped cheese and it's two distinct flavors even when utilizing the same ingredients. Like you were telling some here in regards to Jamaican beef patties, you just need to try one.

Not sure if i mentioned this. But i just remembered i finally got to try the chop cheese during my visit to NY. Best thing ive had and it was cheap too. What do yall local new Yorkers think about it?
Chopped cheese is undefeated. Go to Haji’s in El Barrio next time you come uptown. What’s crazy is a lot of bodegas starting to sell them for $5. Used to be around $3 depending on where you went.

Back
Top Bottom