FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Steamed crabs, steamed shrimp, old bay wangs, & Leinenkugel's Orange Summer Time Shandy.
DDD103C9-2F5D-4912-A03A-390DC9E7AC79.jpeg
75BA267F-AB33-40D9-82BB-7CC81B07185F.jpeg
Wife would go to work on those crabs.

The Anthony Bourdain news really hurts man. I watched No Reservations and Parts Unknown religiously, and Kitchen Confidential is one of my favorite books. The book actually made me enjoy reading at a time when I thought it was just a tedious task.

Thanks. I want to do a day trip with the wife to MD In a few weeks. I’ll look out for this place.
The place I mentioned is for carry out only. But like B Sox B Sox said, when you're ready, we'll recommend places...

Yeah, the Bourdain news is terrible. I really enjoyed his shows over the years. When he announced he was leaving for CNN, I thought his show was going to be diluted but I really liked it. Great combo of food, travel, & journalism. I especially liked it bcs most of his political views were some of my own.

I can't image Eric Ripert finding him this morning unresponsive in his room. RIP...

Rude boy!!!
Why are jamaicans so cheap with the plantains?, they never give more than 2 slices. The plate is expensive asf..usually $8-10 and that just for a medium plate.

Yet to find a jamaicand restaurant in houston, Texas. They are everywhere in NYC. Any recs for h-town folks in here?

I need for somebody next time to straight up say "EXTRA PLANTAINS!"

And then show us what that looks like.

Better not be 3 :lol:

thats how it is at my local peruvian joint... i ask for extra green sauce for my chicken and they like nah fam its extra :smh:

i stopped going there :lol:

It is not just Jamaicans, Caribbean spots in general be stingy with the plantains. Even at the places were they got the options spread out and you can build your plate, they be trying to finesse

Shorting someone on the plantains in their lunch plate is major disrespect in Lucia. Dudes will hop the counter if need be.

Bet yall they aint handing out no extra plantains...2 the limit ! :lol: :smh:

And you go boy you go boy u right bout the sauces at the Peruvian spot...its always a mini argument just to get 1 more :smh:

The one out here said my limit was 4, if I wanted another one I would have to trade in a sauce. Kinda wanted to return my entire meal.

Sad. Your chic fil a doesnt respect your authoritah. Chic fil a's here hand out the sauce like it ain't nothing.

Back
Top Bottom