FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20180601_230939.jpg

20180601_231106.jpg

Get out the way people. I made this the other day. No Cheetos, or chips needed.

#hustlesandwhich
Where are the TOPPINGS? I love this gimmick

It is a DC thing. There are so many Chinese "Carry-outs" in DC that IF you wanted "Chinese food" you could probably throw a rock and hit one. Plus most of us didn't eat much CHINESE food, we would order fried wings with fried rice/French Fries. Ask a DC dude what he gets from the "Carry-out" and that is what the dominant answer would be. So I was never really "into" Chinese food. I will eat it, but never had it delivered to my home.

I have been on my own since about 14. Driving since 15. So I never minded traveling to get my food
With two kids fast asleep around the time I get hungry. I have no choice but to order. No way am I waking them up to go outside, they will never go back to sleep.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming:
unnamed.jpg

Steak tacos tonight. Been marinating skirt steaks in a blend of pineapple juice, lime juice, soy sauce, pickled jalapeno brine, honey, garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes, cayenne, cumin, onion powder, black pepper, and Adobo for a little over 24 hours now. Letting everything come up to temperature before I throw these on the grill pan. Got some pickled red onion, pico, and guac to top them off.

Results to follow.

Never had elk, but I've had plenty of Venison.

Game meat is well...gamey, but super lean and can be really enjoyable if prepared properly.

Been meaning to make this the next time I get my hands on some good loins:

I've been cool on Gordon Ramsey ever since dude made scrambled eggs look like soup

I've been cool on Gordon Ramsey ever since dude made scrambled eggs look like soup
Comparison Ford Comparison Ford seems like the type to agree with those snotty eggs.

Am I right?

His scrambled eggs take some time to adjust to, but once you get over the fact that they're still properly cooked and just worked to the point of being one confluent semisolid mass of butter and egg it's all good. If you've ever seen an Eggslut sandwich they employ the same technique. They're super decadent and melt in your mouth.
:smh: :lol:

Last edited:
His scrambled eggs take some time to adjust to, but once you get over the fact that they're still properly cooked and just worked to the point of being one confluent semisolid mass of butter and egg it's all good. If you've ever seen an Eggslut sandwich they employ the same technique. They're super decadent and melt in your mouth.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming:
unnamed.jpg

Steak tacos tonight. Been marinating skirt steaks in a blend of pineapple juice, lime juice, soy sauce, pickled jalapeno brine, honey, garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes, cayenne, cumin, onion powder, black pepper, and Adobo for a little over 24 hours now. Letting everything come up to temperature before I throw these on the grill pan. Got some pickled red onion, pico, and guac to top them off.

Results to follow.
What about the beer?

Plan on making coconut milk with the coconut or the Jamaican tart "gizzada". Coconut milk is super simple. Hardest part was deshelling the coconut. All you need is water, coconut, blender, and a strainer. I add coconut milk to rice, cornmeal porridge or my smoothies in the morning. I'll post pics of the milk process in the a.m.

Back
Top Bottom