FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

4A53A3E5-CF16-497B-BC93-B0B750BB81B4.jpeg

Ive been eating out so much its like i dont even crave anything anymore :lol:

Was thinking the same! I'm scared to look at how much money I spent on doordash/ubereats/postmate in the last few months. Every week I promise myself I'll do better but once 8pm roll around and the kitchen is already clean I head over to my laptop and order away.

Was thinking the same! I'm scared to look at how much money I spent on doordash/ubereats/postmate in the last few months. Every week I promise myself I'll do better but once 8pm roll around and the kitchen is already clean I head over to my laptop and order away.

See working overnights what makes me lazy. Ill get off at 7am, hit the gym real quick w/ a small snack. Drop my kid off school and by the time i get home no way am i cooking.

Shout out to ubereats tho :lol:

When i’m feeling lazy I end up spending $75-100 a week on seamless. My area’s seamless selection isn’t even good.

See working overnights what makes me lazy. Ill get off at 7am, hit the gym real quick w/ a small snack. Drop my kid off school and by the time i get home no way am i cooking.

Shout out to ubereats tho :lol:

I work for an east company but I'm currently out in LA so I have to be up at 5 am each morning. I also home school my two boys. My older guy have very strict diet restrictions (allergic to the top 8 food allergens) so I try to cook different things each day for him. I rather not take the chance and prepare his meal and my meal together out of the fare of cross contamination. I rather not eat his food because the chicken we buy for him is super expensive and the birds are real small. So my day is pretty full and I'm tired by the time 8pm (their bed time) to cook for myself. I need to look into meal preps.

Man I very seldom eat out. This trip was the most I have in a long time. Always meal prep.
I need to be like you seriously, I would be saving a ton of money and more healthier.

When i’m feeling lazy I end up spending $75-100 a week on seamless. My area’s seamless selection isn’t even good.

I have the same problem in NY, seamless selection is wack. Ubereats/Doordash is not even available in my area which is a blessing and a curse.

I haven't ordered delivery food since I used to order Dominos during the 90s before wat ching WCW Saturday night.

Never been a delivry dude

Ruffled some feathers today when my family decided to go out to lunch and chose Applebees as spot. My mom got VERY offended when I didn't order anything.

Not gonna waste calories on garbage food like that.

I texted my brother during the meal and he suggested I have Uber Eats deliver there. :lol:

Ruffled some feathers today when my family decided to go out to lunch and chose Applebees as spot. My mom got VERY offended when I didn't order anything.

I texted my brother during the meal and he suggested I have Uber Eats deliver there. :lol:
Lmao. You should have Applebee's is hot garbadge.

What do you think of people who eat there

Not even Chinese food. Hard to believe.
It is a DC thing. There are so many Chinese "Carry-outs" in DC that IF you wanted "Chinese food" you could probably throw a rock and hit one. Plus most of us didn't eat much CHINESE food, we would order fried wings with fried rice/French Fries. Ask a DC dude what he gets from the "Carry-out" and that is what the dominant answer would be. So I was never really "into" Chinese food. I will eat it, but never had it delivered to my home.

I have been on my own since about 14. Driving since 15. So I never minded traveling to get my food

What do you think of people who eat there
That's a question that needs to be put into context.

I vacationed up in Massachusetts last summer and searched long and hard for good restaurants only to find that there was slim-pickins. However, you couldn't throw a rock without hitting an Applebees, Chilis, TGI Fridays, Outback, fast food, etc. If those are your only options I can get the desire to go out to eat and not be so discerning.

However, there are a ton of great local restaurants within a mile radius from my mom's house yet they chose to take the out-of-towner to a major chain.

If you have awesome local spots around you and your first choice of places to eat is Applebees you're a rube, plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom