FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Went out to eat last night & got 20 oz boned ribeye along with some cream spinach. Didn’t get to snap a pic of the duck fat potatoes... best steak I’ve had in a minute..
A43DDE16-9FAA-4EFC-AA3A-5D8C03E27D29.jpeg

EB667EF7-0551-44CE-A6CE-383DF127C3FB.jpeg

Is that bread not toasted?
Nope, it isn't toasted. I don't care for toasted loaf bread for PB and Jelly. I enjoy biting into a soft/spongey piece of bread.

Now, if it is an English Muffin, it gets toasted and topped with a Banana.

Yall were talking about coconut milk in rice, had some a lil while ago.

Nasi Lemak with friend chicken is :pimp: lives up to the hype imo

I always toast bread
IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, you went to Subway (Sandwich Shop) do you always opt for toasted bread?

With them, I never get my bread toasted. Maybe it was a legacy thing because they didn't start toasting bread until around 2003, so anything I had before that was regular, from them.

Other sandwich shops, I get the bread toasted. PotBelly, Sardi's, Chicken Philly, Burger

Essentially, if one side of the bread is "crusted" I get it toasted

Also speaking of bread...

Went to the grocery store earlier and couldn't find bread. Asked someone working there and he takes me to the bakery section. It's all sweets, like buns and cakes and stuff. I'm like where's the bread at? Then it hit me I gotta ask for naan and roti, man was like ohhhh and points to towards sliced bread, pita, wraps etc.

Also when I got fruits and veggies I had to take it to this worker who's only job was to weigh and price them for customers. Was strange to me cuz im used to the cashier having a scale and ringing it up when I check out

IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, you went to Subway (Sandwich Shop) do you always opt for toasted bread?

With them, I never get my bread toasted. Maybe it was a legacy thing because they didn't start toasting bread until around 2003, so anything I had before that was regular, from them.

Other sandwich shops, I get the bread toasted. PotBelly, Sardi's, Chicken Philly, Burger

Essentially, if one side of the bread is "crusted" I get it toasted

Eaten subway plenty of times
Never had a sandwich that wasn't toasted

A pbj sandwich that isn't toasted at all is 2 chews away from the texture of throwup

Carbonara was pretty easy for me. Just dont really care for it I believe I mixed my cheese and egg mixture in a big bowl and let it sit. Cooked my noodles. Took it off the heat and added it to the mixture along with the pancetta

Carbonara was pretty easy for me. Just dont really care for it I believe I mixed my cheese and egg mixture in a big bowl and let it sit. Cooked my noodles. Took it off the heat and added it to the mixture along with the pancetta
Yeah, this is what I did too.

Back
Top Bottom