FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Yea, as simple as the ingredients are, it took me 3 attempts to get carbonara right. My son & wife are very meh (even with extra pancetta) so I don't make it as often as I'd like. I love it.

I haven't eaten subway in a long time especially since a jimmy johns opened up near me & even then I don't eat there too much either.

Polish Festival yesterday..

A503BB5F-AD80-436F-BF88-83FCB39DC2D3.jpeg
BB5915C1-D055-44B0-A1D8-00F087EC2002.jpeg
BF62A3AE-D647-4CFF-B4B5-1B0A0584970B.jpeg

Jimmy John's doesn't have a Toasted option right?

Their bread is so good that I couldn't imagine it being better when toasted
They don't. Bread is very good though like you said.

Potbelly is still my sandwich chain of choice. Their mustard and hots are on point.

I have eaten enough PB over the last 7 years, there is one by my job. Their cookies are on point too.

They are good though but if I never ate there again, I would be cool.

Request thin cut bread when you go, their bread is very thick. Pause

They just opened a potbelly up by me, I am good on that, subway, jersey mike, and jimmy johns though. Too many good local mom & pop delis/hoagie shops around here to be messing with that non sense. :lol:

Subway is terrible, I only eat it if its free or I aint paying :lol: .... n toasting the bread doesn't really make that much difference to me, the bread gets burnt in certain spots and pieces fall all over the place

Yall be killing me with the, "You should NEVER eat at a chain if Moms and Pops exist." Sometimes you like how a chain tastes and you want that chain. Sometimes you aren't around a Moms and Pops. Ain't that black and white fellas.

No one thus far said never. Just facts, typically a bodega or mom and pops carries a better sandwich. Doesn't mean I won't rock a potbelly's or jersey mike's though.

I have to drive around a lot for work, so it really just depends on where I'm at. If the chains are more convenient, that's what I'll do.

No one thus far said never. Just facts, typically a bodega or mom and pops carries a better sandwich. Doesn't mean I won't rock a potbelly's or jersey mike's though.
If we are talking about chains, and folks bring up the, "Bodega/Moms and Pops > Chain" talk, that is insinuating that for sure. We aren't talking about Bodegas. We were talking about PotBelly and Jimmy Johns

well when you live in an area where mom&pops are more prevalent than the chains, why the **** would i ever go to a chain?

Yall have it too good. I would've killed for American chains when I was growing up. I appreciate the **** out of Popeyes, Five Guys, Chic-Fil-A, Potbellys etc

How do you eat that crab burger? Do you eat soft shell crab whole like it is? Been wanting to try crab any kind of way but haven’t because I don’t know how to eat it lol

For soft shell crabs, you can eat the whole thing. I’ve lived in Maryland for a long time but only recently started eating soft shell crabs. They’re quite good if you get them from the right spot...

I DESPISE Subway, they're sandwiches are trash. Bread sucks, they barely put any meat in the sandwich, and then the disrespectful **** is that half slice of cheese in the shape of a triangle is considered one slice. **** with that bs. Not to mention their advocate being a damn pedophile talking about inches and crap :smh:

Went to subway because all of this subway tawk

20180521_110009.jpg

I got turkey breast

Turkey was juicy.
Vegetables tasted like they were just picked out if the garden.
Bread was perfectly toasted, no burn marks.
The sweet tea was just right.
Employees were very nice, I told them this was the best subway I had ever been to.

Lady gave me a free cookie.

Definitely not going back to that location

Went to subway because all of this subway tawk

20180521_110009.jpg

I got turkey breast

Turkey was juicy.
Vegetables tasted like they were just picked out if the garden.
Bread was perfectly toasted, no burn marks.
The sweet tea was just right.
Employees were very nice, I told them this was the best subway I had ever been to.

Lady gave me a free cookie.

Definitely not going back to that location
the review :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom