FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

^^^ I just went to Burger King and got a large fries, Impossible Whopper, Whopper Jr. and. Chocolate shake and it cost $26.

It is what it is, but yeah, fast food/fast casual is not where you get big value anymore.

^^^ I just went to Burger King and got a large fries, Impossible Whopper, Whopper Jr. and. Chocolate shake and it cost $26.

It is what it is, but yeah, fast food/fast casual is not where you get big value anymore.
Had about a similar order from Freddy's recently and it came out to that, and Freddy's is way better than Burger King. I know some things are inflation but some are taking advantage.

Donuts & grub at Astoria tonight. My brother told me Dough opened up a location here in Queens so had to go check em out. For food I was thinking pizza but we went to this spot my brother & dad have been to before called German Donor Kebab.

I had the beef wrap with fries & spring rolls. The beef was delicious with red onion mixed in on a super soft wrap. Garlic sauce was 👌. At Dough I went with regular glazed/Boston Cream/Chocolate with Coco nibbs/PB&J & the worker was kind enough to throw in a free mixed berry filled one.
20231202_180039.jpg
20231202_180106.jpg
20231202_183940.jpg
20231202_182913.jpg
20231202_182852.jpg
20231202_191643.jpg
20231202_191515.jpg
Screenshot_20231202_194506_Gallery.jpg

We also hear things like Mcdonalds saw an increase in higher income customers due to inflation

But yeah hard to eat here for less than $15 at a real restaurant. I'd guess an equivalent fast food meal would be $12

Still a max people are willing to pay for certain foods. Lotta Higher end places don't make much on food sales to begin with

Last edited:
Went to Carls Jr and the drive through ordering process was automated. It’s in the hood too. Wild.

I got all LC and all clad but I didn't pay for any of it. :lol:

grandma died and I got her LC, restaurant I cooked at died and I took the all clad with the owner's permission.

edit, I have two lodge cast irons too.

I use these stupid little things all the time to reheat leftovers. :lol:

1701585606668.png

Welp. Added another LC piece via Black Friday sale at Nordstrom. Was 50% off. Big boy.
3EBFE6E4-2566-4A26-A3AA-162DA78130EE.jpeg

Also made some tikka masala for dinner.
46888DE5-70F3-48F7-8082-513FA10F46A1.jpeg
How big is that 7 qt? I’m trying to get one soon I need to go somewhere to see the sizes in person

I picked up a staub enamel cast iron 10in pan on Black Friday for half off too

Can y’all help me out with suggestions on some good quality knife sets as a Christmas gift.

She cooks regularly but she’s no pro.

Basic cooking so I don’t need an Iron Chef set.

Just good quality around $1-$125ish range.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Can y’all help me out with suggestions on some good quality knife sets as a Christmas gift.

She cooks regularly but she’s no pro.

Basic cooking so I don’t need an Iron Chef set.

Just good quality around $1-$125ish range.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I got a girl a knife set for Christmas like 15 years ago and her friends and my boys laughed me out about it for years.

Don't do it in this age of non-forced domestication.

Don't do it.

How big is that 7 qt? I’m trying to get one soon I need to go somewhere to see the sizes in person

I picked up a staub enamel cast iron 10in pan on Black Friday for half off too
This one is 9qt. It’s pretty damn big. Will be perfect for big batches of sauce/soup/chili/etc.

I think the 7.25qt one would probably be the sweet spot if you’re making normal meals for 4 people or so. Would feed more if you’re filling to the brim, but I like having a little space to work with.

The prices of the 7.25 and the 9 were the same on the BF deal though, so just made more sense to me to go bigger.

I got a girl a knife set for Christmas like 15 years ago and her friends and my boys laughed me out about it for years.

Don't do it in this age of non-forced domestication.

Don't do it.

Nah, she keeps hinting at it.

We goin to Cali in January so we agreed on a small Christmas.

I’m in the clear.

What set you get baby girl?

Nah, she keeps hinting at it.

We goin to Cali in January so we agreed on a small Christmas.

I’m in the clear.

What set you get baby girl?

Man I don't remember to be honest. It was some mid level set from Macy's. We don't talk anymore but she had the knives as of 2021.

Back
Top Bottom