FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

šŸ§

DDF5978A-0113-4D59-B2DF-2ECC6ED716F6.jpeg

From what I know, he went to Cool Runnings, Stick Talk, The Breakfast Klub(of course), Puddery and Butter Funk Kitchen which I never heard of but its in Sunnyside, which is why I never heard of if. Appearently, thats where he got the oxtails, thats why he skipped them at Cool Runnings. ******* up. :smh: For the most part, seems like he knew who to talk tom because the wrong locals will gas up some basura quick!
there are too many spots to go to. he needs multiple trips.

Iā€™ve never liked any types of seafood but I tried some salmon again the other day and it actually wasnā€™t bad. I think it was baked.. I got a small filet Iā€™m gonna cook it on a pan how would yall make it? I always see Cajun salmon on IG that looks good so I was just gonna do that
I was reading up on it and I might like trout. Itā€™s supposed to be similar to salmon just less strong tasting which sounds good to me. Also gonna try some red snapper soon

Iā€™ve been wanting to make curry lobster for a minute but those prices always have me reconsidering.

Iā€™ve never liked any types of seafood but I tried some salmon again the other day and it actually wasnā€™t bad. I think it was baked.. I got a small filet Iā€™m gonna cook it on a pan how would yall make it? I always see Cajun salmon on IG that looks good so I was just gonna do that
I was reading up on it and I might like trout. Itā€™s supposed to be similar to salmon just less strong tasting which sounds good to me. Also gonna try some red snapper soon

Trout is good, so is snapper.

Mahi is pretty non offensive and not fishy too.

:lol: same for me

That barramundi they have is good too and itā€™s cheap.

I donā€™t discriminate freshwater or salt

I got da ponzu cod from Costco in my freezer. It's pretty good. Nothing to write home about but certainly serviceable.

I need to start cooking more fish dishes. I do scallops 1-2x a month, but I'd like to switch it up a bit more. Not a huge fan of pink fishes though.

Make friends with a friend who goes fishing for trout or salmon. Tell em you wanna try some.

I came home with 3 trout the other week and gave 2 away once I gutted and cleaned em.

If you end up liking it, free dinners and leftovers whenever they toss you a fish. When it comes to me and most fisherman I know, weā€™re always happy to share.

Need to make my way out to Hicksville to hit up Diwan or Sunshine.

Iā€™m 30 minutes east of Hicksville and keep telling my fiancĆ©e the next time we want Indian or Pakistani we should go out there. Sheā€™s resistant because itā€™s ā€œtoo farā€ and suggests that we just go to Curry Club in Port Jefferson because ā€œitā€™s easierā€ despite the fact that itā€™s also 30 minutes away, just in the opposite direction. :smh:

Need to make my way out to Hicksville to hit up Diwan or Sunshine.

Iā€™m 30 minutes east of Hicksville and keep telling my fiancĆ©e the next time we want Indian or Pakistani we should go out there. Sheā€™s resistant because itā€™s ā€œtoo farā€ and suggests that we just go to Curry Club in Port Jefferson because ā€œitā€™s easierā€ despite the fact that itā€™s also 30 minutes away, just in the opposite direction. :smh:
If she's not the one driving then the "too far" excuse can't work, lol. It's pretty much the same distance for you guys then, lol, tell her she won't regret taking a trip out to Hicksville. Diwan or Sunshine both are great, the only minus Diwan gets is that their naan aren't really naan but their more like roti & skinny in structure. It's good quality bread & taste great but not fluffy or poofy like naan is supposed to be.

Back
Top Bottom