FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

My girlfriend’s mom is not a particularly smart person. We had a Memorial day BBQ this year so me and my girlfriend stopped off at Briermere Farms to get some pies. We texted her asking her if she wanted any specific pie and she said pumpkin. We informed her it would be a frozen pumpkin pie and she was very upset and couldn’t understand why they didn’t have any fresh ones.

***** when’s the last time you went pumpkin picking in May?

In her defense, I'm sure the majority of Americans would probably wonder the same.

In my defense, this is a place well known for their scratch-made pies.

I’d like to believe most people know that pumpkins are seasonal.

Yea, you are giving people WAY too much credit.

If we lived in a world where we couldn't get store pumpkin pies 24/7, maybe I could see it but for most EVERYTHING is ALWAYS in season based on grocery store availability of items.

But nah, that isn't basic knowledge by any stretch. Most of us aren't growing things and most of us aren't shopping at farmers markets to be able to observe seasonal growing/selling patterns.

Respect the Mother In Law.

Yea, you are giving people WAY too much credit.

If we lived in a world where we couldn't get store pumpkin pies 24/7, maybe I could see it but for most EVERYTHING is ALWAYS in season based on grocery store availability of items.

But nah, that isn't basic knowledge by any stretch. Most of us aren't growing things and most of us aren't shopping at farmers markets to be able to observe seasonal growing/selling patterns.

Respect the Mother In Law.
I’d argue that fall=pumpkin season is basic knowledge.

But I believe that you believe that.

I’d argue that fall=pumpkin season is basic knowledge.

But I believe that you believe that.

I'd argue (Artificially flavored) Pumpkin Season is what's at the forefront of people's minds than the actual growing season of the pumpkin.

I'm going to put this question as a bonus question on next week's quiz.

I'll post the results.

Artificial pumpkin season is practically July these days. Seems to get earlier each year

I’m all for seasonality. Don’t need to be eating the same things all year

If you’ve never had a Sundae from Cheesecake Factory before, they’re gargantuan as you might expect -

3CEB2D76-15D8-4E94-BB65-D3922241D8F8.jpeg

Never was too impressed with the chicken sandwich at CFA but da skrips taste great, especially paired with their CFA sauce.

For me Popeyes still rules the chicken sando game

Had CFA a couple days ago. Happy to have it back in the rotation

Been about 3x now from a new location (to me) and it’s been on point each time

2 spicy sandwiches = $10 and am full for most of the day

It always kills me when internet people froth at the mouth over any mentioning of CFA, saying something along the lines of “HAVE FUN EATING YOUR BLAND HATE CHICKEN”

1. CFA is probably one of the better-seasoned fast food chicken sandwiches, and I’d argue the spicy is THE most flavorful/seasoned.

2. If you don’t eat it, how do you know it’s bland?

It always kills me when internet people froth at the mouth over any mentioning of CFA, saying something along the lines of “HAVE FUN EATING YOUR BLAND HATE CHICKEN”

1. CFA is probably one of the better-seasoned fast food chicken sandwiches, and I’d argue the spicy is THE most flavorful/seasoned.

2. If you don’t eat it, how do you know it’s bland?
Wait, they have spicey?!?!?!?

Raising Canes is the definition of bland. I don’t get that place. Lines are deep as hell too

I still rock with da OG sandwich at CFA as a vessel for CFA sauce. I find the spicy’s seasoning doesn’t mesh well with CFA sauce TO ME. This is well-documented though.

Remember when our dearly departed nawghtyhare nawghtyhare used to say CFA was trash and then we found out the reason he said that was because he ordered a grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun with some cheese one time? We steered him in the right direction to the point where he went on a two week bender eating it everyday. :lol:

CFA really is a “choose your own adventure” type spot, and if you walk away with a bad experience that’s on you.

Back
Top Bottom