FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Aight y'all, going to Arizona next week and need food choices. We'll be in Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe :nerd:

I had dinner at Red robin yesterday since there was one at a mall I went to.

But F that location because of their lack of efficiency and with them not catering to my reasonably meticulous habits/preference! This visit was a disaster for me. :emoji_angry:

That location actually doesn't serve fries preliminarily. They only feed the unlimited fries after you place an order for a burger. They claimed it would back up the kitchen and that they're short on staff. That 💩 doesn't make sense because it's a restaurant, and it's a formality with an influx of orders coming in. 🙄

I always try to get through two servings of fries to fill up fast before my burger comes. But those MFs at that location actually stuck with their stance with feeding me my requested fries after my burger came.

Since they wanted to be food Nazis with when they fed me unlimited fries, then I gladly didn't give them 💩 for a tip!

If any restaurant worker wants my tip, they have to earn that 💩 by catering to what the F I dictate with my order and preferences. And my preferences are always reasonable.

But I lodged a complaint about that spot today by calling their customer service line, and I hope their fries serving policy gets rectified with my griping. I also had to get their customer service to retroactively credit my order from yesterday because that spot didn't ask for my rewards account when it was time to pay.

I had the Smoke & Pepper Burger yesterday with a delayed two servings of fries.
IMG_6124.JPG

Aight y'all, going to Arizona next week and need food choices. We'll be in Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe :nerd:
Nice. I was actually there, just a couple months ago. You should definitely try "The Original Chopped Salad" at Citizen Public House in Scottsdale. It's pretty famous. Also I'd recommend going to Little Miss BBQ on a Friday or Sat morning (only time they have the Beef Ribs). Make sure to be there at least 45min before they open. Novel Ice Cream in Phoenix is a good Dessert spot. Here's some of what I had, with some pics. Hope this helps.
Taco Boys - Tempe AZ

Pre bike lunch earlier
IMG_20220201_112500__01.jpg

Dog Haus - Phoenix

Downtown
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Dog, Caramelized Onions, Pickled Peppers, Mayo, Mustard, Ketchup, served on King's Hawaiian Roll

Old Town
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Dog, Caramelized Onions, Pickled Jalapenos, Chipotle Aioli, Cotija Cheese, served on King's Hawaiian Roll
IMG_20220201_142658__01.jpg
Pizzeria Bianco - Phoenix

MARGHERITA - Tomato Sauce, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil

ROSA - Red Onion, Parmigiano Reggiano, Rosemary, AZ Pistachios

WISEGUY - Wood-Roasted Onion, House Smoked Mozzarella, Fennel Sausage
Pizzeria Bianco - Phoenix
IMG_20220201_200026.jpg

IMG_20220201_200031__01.jpg
Citizen Public House - Scottsdale

Home of "The Original Chopped Salad"
IMG_20220201_220905__01.jpg
IMG_20220201_214954.jpg
IMG_20220201_215151.jpg
IMG_20220201_220902__01.jpg
Novel Ice Cream - Phoenix

The Leslie Knope
Madagascar Vanilla Ice Cream, Oreos, 2 European Style Waffle
IMG_20220201_235334__01__01.jpg

BK Tacos - Tucson AZ

Sonoran Dog, Fish & Shrimp Tacos
IMG_20220204_133951__01.jpg
CiBO Pizzeria - Phoenix

Latina
Mozzarella, Prosciutto Cotto, Rosemary, Onions, Sliced Tomatoes, Black Pepper

Da Vinci
Tomato Sauce, Burrata, Basil, Pecorin, Romano
IMG_20220204_213740__01.jpg
Leaving Phoenix with a bang

Little Miss BBQ

2lb Beef Ribs
1/2 lb Brisket
3/4 lb Pork Ribs
2 Sausage Links
Jalapeno Cheddar Grits
Potatoe Salad
Smoked Pecan Pie
IMG_20220205_112015__01.jpg

IMG_20220205_112034__01.jpg

Was with a few ppl I didn't know too well so couldn't get into Paparazzi mode. But you get the gist. Was all fire and juicy.

Saw Mark Weins do a video on Miss BBQ which sold me on the spot. Beef ribs were as advertised.

El Entronke Bar & Grill
Last drink b4 heading back home
IMG_20220205_145222.jpg

therealest1 therealest1

Why do people tip poor service?
You showed courage by not tipping.

For real though!

But it sure as hell ain't courage on my part as you stated, it was just me doing things accordingly with how I was dissatisfied with how things unnecessarily transpired at that location.

Why should you tip when an employee doesn't meet your expectations or satisfies your preference as long as it's reasonable? I'm fed up with that entitled expectation that you must tip. Tips have to be earned, not given.

My unsatisfactory experience from yesterday made me mentally conjure up lyrics of Method Man & Jay-Z because their words resonated with how I felt about not tipping them:

F the world don't ask me for 💩
Everything you get you got to work hard for it
- excerpt of Method Man off The What, actually a song of The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Method Man

You wanna see how far I'm gonna go
How much I'm gonna spend but you already know
Zip zero stingy with dinero
- excerpt of Jay-Z off I Just Wanna Luv U

So a guy on here is content with poor customer service and is willing to let it slide. What a robot with no standards.

Ain't nothing wrong about calling customer service if you feel they did you wrong or they weren't satisfactory to your needs or preferences.

I'm used to getting my way at every location since it was within reason of their deal, so why should it be different at another location when it's the same company?

If you're a paying customer, then you should expect to get the utmost satisfaction with your standards.

I also had to call because that location f'd up by not asking me for my loyalty account in order to get credit for my burger when I was paying, so I missed out on it. Making that call got me credited retroactively based on the receipt I conveyed to them.

I also had to let them know all the tabletop devices used for paying weren't working at that location, so that's why it caused me to miss out on my credit with the worker not asking me for my info.

Damn right I'm going to call if things need to be rectified. If that guy wants to be content with missing out on benefits after spending at a restaurant, then that's on him.

If you don't tip, stay home and make your own meals. If you expect perfection, stay home.

Also get a food service job and commit to staying for no less than 6 months.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom