FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

If it ain’t real chicken I ain’t buying it in KFC, Popeyes, CFA.
Don't be scared to step over to the vegan side of things. Beyond Meat and Impossible make some good products. My only complaint with this KFC thing is the price & the fact that it's being cooked alongside real chicken.

Don't be scared to step over to the vegan side of things. Beyond Meat and Impossible make some good products. My only complaint with this KFC thing is the price & the fact that it's being cooked alongside real chicken.

I eat vegetarian and vegan food but fake meat is just whatever to me. I rather just find an alternate meal to be that style.

The burger episode of Dave Chang's show on Hulu was pretty interesting. Lot of fake meat talk. Worth the watch.

EYE have still not had fake meat yet.

Those fake meats are terrible with a few exceptions. The only vegetarian food I swear by is Indian or vegan soul food.

Jarasa Kabob
IMG_20220111_103737__01.jpg

IMG_20220111_103934__01.jpg

Yeah. recently too and it smells terrible. Smelled straight out the package but worse while cooking. I tried but I’m good on fake meat
Fair enough. That's why I generally don’t recommend any fake meat products to people who are not Vegetarians. I like the stuff, but I completely understand why its not going to be for everybody.

Last edited:
All this Kielbasa talk....

A box of penne pasta al dente
Cut up the $3 hillshire farms kielbasa and brown on a pan with some onions, bell peppers and garlic.
A jar Rao's pasta sauce.. (Ragu works too if that's more your speed)
Some garlic Texas toast from the frezon aisle, topped with extra parmesan before hitting the oven.

voila..! Easy peasy 10min meal.
20200613_214321.jpg

I've only tried an impossible burger from burger king. It tasted ok, wouldn't order again.

I've only tried an impossible burger from burger king. It tasted ok, wouldn't order again.
taste just like a regular whopper to me.
Never had Impossible or Beyond Meat. Willing to give ot a shot tho.
I like to go to my local Walmart and get the chicken nuggets, burger patties & sausage links. Gardein is another good company to try.
I just remembered that Starbucks also has the Impossible breakfast sausage sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom