FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Lol this is the worst thing to be snobbish about. No one thinks of uppity high class cooking when you mention gumbo.

Just know folks from New Orleans will talk about your gumbo - like they do potato salad.

How you downplay our culture staple food, “worst thing to be snobbish about” and you not from Louisana.

Already.

Last edited:
Kielbasa is smoked if done traditionally. The hell y’all talking about?

I’m Polish and have been eating Polish style smoked meats since I was a toddler. Purchased ain’t the way my grandma made it but it’s still good.

I’m Polish and have been eating Polish style smoked meats since I was a toddler. Purchased ain’t the way my grandma made it but it’s still good.

Turkey bacon = bacon

Got it :lol:

A lot of these people rarely eat or understand foods out of their cultures hence the ridiculous statements. I avoid smoked sausage in general but kelbasa is my favorite if I want to make something that calls for smoked sausage.

I also use kelbasa in my shrimp and sausage jambalaya.

Just know folks from New Orleans will talk about your gumbo - like they do potato salad.

How you downplay our culture staple food, “worst thing to be snobbish about” and you not from Louisana.

Already.

I already said I'm proudly not from Lousiana. I'll leave that conversation to between you and cash money. I make food the way it tastes good to me. I've had some gumbo that are entirely too watery for my taste. Nothing wrong with thickening it a little bit.

Turkey bacon = bacon

Got it :lol:

I saw beef bacon the other day. What a time to be alive. It looks gross and more expensive, and I heard it's too chewy. Nothing wrong with providing alternatives for people who want to clog their arteries less.

A lot of these people rarely eat or understand foods out of their cultures hence the ridiculous statements. I avoid smoked sausage in general but kelbasa is my favorite if I want to make something that calls for smoked sausage.

I also use kelbasa in my shrimp and sausage jambalaya.
I agree. Grine Grine is a prime example. Seems like the type of dude that never leaves his neighborhood.

Damn haven't had kielbasa for a few months now since I went to visit my Mom. Looks like there's a Polish spot about 20 mins from me in Silver Spring. Might have to swing through this week.

Damn haven't had kielbasa for a few months now since I went to visit my Mom. Looks like there's a Polish spot about 20 mins from me in Silver Spring. Might have to swing through this week.

You are in the Baltimore area right? I use to visit there a few times per year when my friend lived there during undergrad and a few years after that. I know there are a few spots in the city. He lived in Fels Point and I remember there was a store there. Granted the hard part is probably finding a spot that actually makes their own. Most Polish stores now buy from one of 2 mass manufacturers and just it it delivered but they don’t taste the same.

You are in the Baltimore area right? I use to visit there a few times per year when my friend lived there during undergrad and a few years after that. I know there are a few spots in the city. He lived in Fels Point and I remember there was a store there. Granted the hard part is probably finding a spot that actually makes their own. Most Polish stores now buy from one of 2 mass manufacturers and just it it delivered but they don’t taste the same.
Yeah I'm 20 min south now. Ostrowski in Fells is really good. Sophia's Place in Broadway Market is solid too.

I kinda see where grine is coming from but he's picking a battle with someone who isn't willing to fight it. Save the gumbo supremacy for your local cook-off. :rofl:

I'm not trying to duplicate your grandma's authentic bayou gumbo. :lol:

I make food from a lot of cultures with the ingredients I have available. I make substitutions based on my personal tastes.

He adds Mayo to his gumbo. Ain’t nothing authentic about it. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom