FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

couple phone shots of when i was in dallas a couple weeks ago

liberty burger

fuel city tacos. barbacoa tacos and elote in a cup

pappadeux. fried alligator, oysters, and some salmon and lump crab.

hard 8's bbq

brisket, sausage, mac & cheese, potatoe salad

off the bone bbq

Last edited:
it was pretty good. but when things are deep fried like that i can't help but think it tastes like chicken :lol:

it was a lot more tender, though.

Last edited:

Homemade cheesecake with a strawberry lemon sauce

Some from the past few.  Breakfast at the crib and a soup/bbq sandwich combo for lunch.  More pics on the website (sig).  Peace

Was at the Spice Market last night for dinner.
Only took a picture of the dessert Pandan mallowmar, cocoa macaroons, toasted coconut ice cream. This tasted amazing

Was in Reno for the Nugget Rib Cook-off over Labor Day Weekend, finally posting pics. Not a lot from the bbq side they look the same lol

$150 for the whole pig

From one of the bbq spot, pork ribs and brisket plate. It was okay, had better locally that's cheaper with bigger portions.

$15 big beef bone, this was very tender and succulent i liked this the best

If you're in the mood for sushi while in Reno, hit up Sushi Pier 1 or 2, #2 is bigger. All-you-can-eat or ala carte option. No brainer, AYCE is the way to go :tongue:

clicked this thread on accident. surprised to see all the local posts, lol.

hopefully I can check them out soon, its not too far away :smokin
theres just so many places to go around here

joe t's is maaaaaadd overrated. decent food, but it's only served family style and only enchiladas or fajitas. they dont take CC either, unless things have changed in the past few years. it's a cool vibe though. lots of friendly white people. if you go on the weekend and there is a wait... i'd keep it movin.

dos gringos isn't that great either. both are kinda overrated since theyve been around in the TCU area forever. esperanza's and the off shoots (esperanza's kids restaurants, cant remember their names) around the southside are legit. probably the best mexican food locally. yucatan is dope too.

Hard 8 and liberty burger are LEGIT tho. props on the photos. bison burger at libery... nuff said. Hard 8 is just great bbq... i dont think it's open every day though.

for my DFW brethren, Company Cafe might be my favorite spot right now. one on greeneville specifically. organic, grass fed, gluten-free.... ELITE status. gluten-free chicken fried steak with the cauliflower mash is amazing. they got a crazy smoked salmon dish too. all the flavor comes from the smoke... king stuff.

havent really ventured out in the past few months, but ive got two new spots on my list right now. Woodshed Smokehouse, on the river by the zoo. and Tillman's Roadhouse on W. 7th.

Woodshed is a new fine-dining x BBQ spot.... opened up by one of the Top Chef dudes or something. read an article on it the other day and made my mind up to take the fam out next week. will be trying the Smokehouse Ramen. bone marrow broth, smoked pork and chiles. son.

Tillman's is supposed to be great, just havent made it over there. whole W. 7th deserves some exploration if you havent been over there. my buddy helped design the whole strip at his old firm (GFF). they did a great job revitalizing that area.

I had salmon tempura for the first time today.

Might be top 5 greatest things I've ever eaten in my life.

Chicken looks really good. Nice color on the skin. Does it taste like Costco rotisserie chicken lol? Is that hummus?

Pastrami chili cheese fries from The Hat. A must every time I come back home to the Oc. Good thing I'm away for school often haha

Back
Top Bottom