FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Grouper

It's super hard to find up here. If you ever see it grab it. Kinda expensive but it's probably my favorite fish. I fried that, I have another fillet I'll probably sear tonight. Got geeked I found fl grouper and bought a bunch lol.

Best sushi I ever had. Hole I'm the wall place in the fashion district of Los Angeles

put a few eggs in some milk and put some cayenne in franks or any hot sauce is good to add too. it wont be spicy just adds a little flavor. made a mix of cornmeal and flour. 50/50 and seasoned it with salt and pepper. dip it in the egg wash, dredge it in the breading, egg wash again then the breading one last time and it's ready to fry.

for the mayo i just threw some sriracha and squeezed a lime into some mayo. it goes good with fried fish. sorry i don't have any measurements. just add sriracha until it tastes good. :lol: if you have cilantro chop some up and throw that in too if you want. that's always good.

+

=

Thank me later.

Any flavor waffle + Any flavor ice cream, and you will get the best ice cream sandwich ever. I promise you won't look at or eat ice cream sandwiches the same ever again.

here's my fat **** signature meal. basically yours taken as step more obese. FRY THE WAFFLE! :lol: taste like a funnel cake. make a sandwich, chop it up and throw it on top of the ice cream. either way it's fire.

I will have to try the waffle and ice cream. Don't like waffle cones much but waffles I like.

That chicken and bacon waffle sandwich is awesome too.

Last edited:
I had Five Guys for the first time yesterday

Had me like

Five guys is good, but you can make this at home.
-Get some ground beef
-Make a hamburger shaped patty
-Warm up a pan and add a little oil
-Place the meat on the pan
-Add salt and pepper to the side up (NO NEED FOR SEASONING)
-Flip at the 3-4 min mark
-Once flipped, wait 2 minutes
-Add Cheese and place top bun on top and let it cook for 2 more minutes
-Pick the burger off the pan holding with the bun on your palm and the meat facing upwards,
-Pick the middle of the meat to see if its red, if its too red for your liking, place it back on the grill for another minute or so.
DO NOT SQUISH THE PATTY
-Put some mayo, lettuce and tomato on the bottom bun
ENJOY.
Trust me, it will taste the same.

5495132588_1afc33b122.jpg

Fat Sal's :pimp:

Roast beef, french fries, onion rings, mozzarella sticks, grilled onions, and gravy.
NOTE TO EVERYONE OUT THERE,

Do not google Fat Sal's BIG FATTY. Result will be disappointed. :x

I posted this in the SoCal Food/Grub Thread...

for any of you who make a trip out here to SoCal... here ya go!

Noodle World - Pasadena, Alhambra, Westwood; Sanamluang Cafe (Thai) - Hollywood (SL is Cash only)

- Hainan Chicken, Pad Thai
5ug6q0.jpg

El Tepeyac - Boyle Heights

- Manuel's Special, Nachos
cmfwn.jpg

Slater's 50/50 - Anaheim Hills, Huntington Beach, San Diego, Pasadena

- Peanut Butter and Jellousy, other random burgers, their specialty is a 50/50 patty which is 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon
20axxdc.jpg

Hash House A Go Go - San Diego (or Vegas)

- Sage Chicken and Waffles, other huge plates of food
2njeo0h.jpg

Original Thai BBQ - Hollywood, Cerritos, Fullerton

- S-8 (Beef Satay), S-1 BBQ chicken
r2q0sm.jpg

Random spots...

Trieu Chau - Santa Ana/Garden Grove

- yellow and white noodles (no pho)... whole in the wall joint, Cash only. I highly recommend this place if it's a cold, gloomy day and you're not in the mood for Pho.
2zyhf1t.jpg

Diddy Riese Cookies Westwood

- Cookies, ice cream and cookie sandwiches. $5.00 will get you A LOT OF treats. but it's Cash Only
4goxu0.jpg

Speaking of Pasadena... if y'all are in the area looking to satisfy a sweet tooth, hit up Fair Oaks Pharmacy. YES, a pharmacy. I guess back in the days that's what pharmacies did. They served ice cream, sundaes and milk shakes. Good stuff and it won't dent your wallet too much.

Fair Oaks Pharmacy and Soda Fountain
1526 Mission Street
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(626) 799-1414

Pics from Yelp:
21c9mc2.jpg

4l4n0y.jpg

t9z8nd.jpg

347uvxy.jpg

San Pedro Fish Markets

A pic I took via Instagram...
2jf35.jpg

Some others...
2vjctn7.jpg

okvchw.jpg

125kemu.jpg

Last edited:
^All of that looks great man :pimp:

Info on that first seafood thing under others?

Last edited:
^All of that looks great man :pimp:

Info on that first seafood thing under others?

:lol: I wouldn't post if they weren't my dude...

As far as that first pic under "others", it's still regarding San Pedro Fish Markets.
At this spot, there's random vendors that can prepare your seafood exactly how you want it. then these specific vendors have their own flavors/specialties, beyond that they got their own specials too. :lol:

that particular pic looks like some kind of Seafood medley: crab legs, scallops, shrimp among other things.

Ya'll trippin. If we ever hang out, pick em out and I'll put it in my sandwich :lol:...I love everything bout it. Well, actually - I hate cilantro.

Bro you are like my Viet twin. I always put the peppers others don't want in my sandwich, and I pick out the cilantro....I get BBQ pork/chicken/beef and top it off with fried eggs, otherwise the usual uuuuurvrything

Back
Top Bottom