FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

anybody cook with this stuff? just saw it at the asian grocery store one day and copped. :wow: it's bomb, i cook with it all the time now. have no idea what it's called but whatever. :lol:

i hate waking up from drunken big bite nights... my stomach works so hard during sleep that i cant even dream well lol.

^the last few times I've gone to dim sum a little bit later in the day (like a late lunch time around 1), they've ordered lobster lo mein and me and both my parents are allergic to lobster 
roll.gif

but it is damn good 
devil.gif

and I'm craving pho now 
frown.gif

Ultra lame pic. Something I concaucted at work. Mae ploy sweet chilli with soy sauce and sriracha

Got taken out for Ramen for the first time today. Went to this place in West LA called Jinya on Sawtelle..... CRACK!

I never finish something when I first eat something. This surpassed Pho for me brahs :pimp:

When I was in LA, all I remember is Shin Sen Gumi. Best ramen hands down.

Oh, and Getshavedice.com truck is bomb, although they move around LA. Worth the hunt doe. :pimp:

Try Daikosuyan in Little Tokyo as well. There might be a wait, but well worth it IMO.

Last edited:
Gonna be sleeping in 3 hour naps tonight. Gotta babysit this pork butt and brisket for tomorrow

look into thermostats for the bullet. i know there is one that works on virtually all kamado's. kamodo's cost a grip though.

anyway good luck on the smoking. how are you doing the pork butt? one of my favorite cuts of meat. :evil:

look into thermostats for the bullet. i know there is one that works on virtually all kamado's. kamodo's cost a grip though.

anyway good luck on the smoking. how are you doing the pork butt? one of my favorite cuts of meat. :evil:
One of the first things I did was put a thermostat on it. On the butt I brined it overnight and added rub to it. I let it go for a few hours before I add liquid to the water pan.

like the joint you plug into the meat and it's connected to a fan in the bottom of the smoker?

yeah that will be flame as long as you brined it. i like to pull mine and season it with a home made mojo. my influence is heavy on the latino side so i put mojo on everthingl :lol:

like the joint you plug into the meat and it's connected to a fan in the bottom of the smoker?

yeah that will be flame as long as you brined it. i like to pull mine and season it with a home made mojo. my influence is heavy on the latino side so i put mojo on everthingl :lol:
Just the kind that goes on the lid its A thermometer not thermostat my bad I've actually been looking into one like the one you're talking about. It'll be easier to control my temperature that way. Mine gets nothing after its cooked just some bbq sauce

Last edited:
5495132588_1afc33b122.jpg

Fat Sal's :pimp:

Roast beef, french fries, onion rings, mozzarella sticks, grilled onions, and gravy.

Last edited:
5495132588_1afc33b122.jpg

Fat Sal's :pimp:

Roast beef, french fries, onion rings, mozzarella sticks, grilled onions, and gravy.

is this place only in Cali or is there one in NY?

This place is in Cali, but from what I understand the style of the sandwich is modeled fromt he "Rutgers Grease Trucks" so I'm sure you can find them in NY. Jerry Ferrera co owns this joint too.

Back
Top Bottom