FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Like...What are y'all judging Chipotle against that it is "trash"??

Are you comparing it to an awesome authentic taco truck or something like that? Doesn't seem like an intelligent (or fair) comparison TO ME.

Like...What are y'all judging Chipotle against that it is "trash"??

Are you comparing it to an awesome authentic taco truck or something like that? Doesn't seem like an intelligent (or fair) comparison TO ME.
Yeah it's just chicken, rice, vegetables, the most basic meal. Works in a pinch, not reasonable to compare it to proper places.

I went to Chipotle this week and the lady in front of me was a pain in the ***. She ordered the “salad”, but had to have “only romaine.” Then for every ingredient it was like “no, that’s too much,” or “no, that’s too little.” Ordered her Pico and Queso to be put in cups on the side, but wouldn’t accept plastic cups
- had to be paper. Had exact specifications for everything.

The worst. Or the people you get behind thinking they're just ordering a burrito until they whip out a piece of paper with their entire family's order :lol:

ahat ahat
Nouss Nouss

1592536064610.png

for all y’all saying chipotle is whatever and shouldn’t be compared cause it’s just meat and rice and vegetables...
Change the cuisine
what if that chipotle dude founded a jerk chicken and oxtails fast food restaurant ?
And said it’s just meat rice and beans...it’ll do

And it’s not like we are comparing it to a fine dining restaurant...there are cheaper authentic taquerias everywhere that are head and shoulders above that American bastardization Of mexican food. Go to a michoacána and you will immediately taste the difference.

I think the reason why y’all have that attitude is y’all must not have a lot of Mexican restaurants near you and that’s completely understandable. But we all know once your palate become more experienced in a certain type of food you no longer can settle for piss poor renditions of it.
chipolte is just a grown up Taco Bell.

would you go to a jerk chicken spot only non Jamaicans go to?

for all y’all saying chipotle is whatever and shouldn’t be compared cause it’s just meat and rice and vegetables...
Change the cuisine
what if that chipotle dude founded a jerk chicken and oxtails fast food restaurant ?

And it’s not like we are comparing it to a fine dining restaurant...there are cheaper authentic taquerias everywhere that are head and shoulders above that American bastardization Of mexican food. Go to a michoacána and you will immediately taste the difference.

I think the reason why y’all have that attitude is y’all must not have a lot of Mexican restaurants near you and that’s completely understandable. But we all know once your palate become more experienced in a certain type of food you no longer can settle for piss poor renditions of it.

There are plenty of Mexican and Salvadorian Spots around here.

PLenty of Quality Taco Spots around here.

CHipotle hits the spot. Solid, Basic, simple food.

Change the cuisine

For what it’s worth, I still go to McDonald’s on occasion

Back
Top Bottom