FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

What size are your pizzas, this leftover concept, explain it to me.

There’s three of us in my house, so one pie - even an extra large - is usually not enough. This we always get two pies, which means there’s often a few slices left over after everyone is full.

Cold pizza is absolutely disgusting, you guys are heathens

You talking about just cold pizza that was once served hot to eat or cold pizza in general?

Sicilian slabs or grandma slices served cold like you get off the bakery or deli rack is :nthat:

Last edited:
I used to love pickles when I was little

Now not so much

But I do like some pickled things just not specifically pickles anymore

Also not a relish fan

Yeah 30 minutes for some re-heated pizza is lunacy to me.

If I REALLY need my pizza re-heated I throw it in a cast iron pan on medium-high for about a minute or 2, then transfer it to the oven to broil the top for a few seconds.

I can't mess with sweet pickles or the bread and butter joints. Foul.

Dill is always a go when possible. Always a better experience when a sandwich, burger or BBQ has some type of pickle offering.

^^^ Yeah, I like Sauerkraut, Kim Chee and Mexican spicy carrots, which are all basically pickled vegetables.

But traditional pickled cucumbers, no matter what shape, I can’t do. I don’t even like pickle relish.

When I was at UCSB, we had a Burger King right near campus that stayed open until like 2:00 AM. Hit it up for many late night Whoppers. Due to my mental state at the time, I often forgot to tell them to hold the pickles. Would get grossed out biting into one, even if I was drunk. I’m never going to acquire that taste.

Rib-eye steak
Mixed Veggies
Sweet Potatoes

17070A09-03C9-4A33-8461-E5B03CFC659E.jpeg

This is why people eat it cold
Nobody wants to wait 30 minutes

im not opposed to cold pizza. I eat to eat
30 min is crazy

toaster oven >
My favorite appliance. I only use the oven when I have to
It’s the best for reheating stuff. I reheat my pizza until it’s almost burnt #char #crisp

I don’t think they’re the same as pickles since they taste different and are fermented, not pickled, but I like “cornichons” ..the spicy ones are 🔥 I eat them with eggs :blush: my dad gets them from da Lebanese store

Last edited:
Used to be able to take a large deep dish bacon pizza and an order of cheesy bread from Domino's to da dome when I wore a younger man's clothes.

With old age comes frailty, however.

I pretty much lived off pizza for like 3-4 years and now I can’t really eat it :frown: :frown: The cheese will mess up my stomach and the sauce will have me burning

Its not fraility, its wisdom.

Youre wise enough to realize eating the entire 'za yields potentially devastating consequences.
It's a little of both, honestly. :lol:

I'd have a sodium bloat going on for at least 2 days if I did something like that again.

^^^ It’s not just wisdom. I definitely just am not physically capable of eating the same amounts of food I did in my teens and early twenties. I feel completely full much more quickly now than I did back then.

Back
Top Bottom