FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican had some time between calls so here is what i did

chucktwnsfinest chucktwnsfinest so this is the pan i used and that helps give you that crust. highly recommend using this or a cast iron type of pan. it really is a must.

1592239897692.png

here's a recap of what i did:

1) oil up that pan with some olive oil and rub it around to coat the bottom and a bit on the edges
2) get some of that oil on your hands and get your dough in the pan and start to spread it out and shape it. just need to do this a little bit, don't worry about getting it to the edges or to a perfect rectangle yet. just getting it flattened out a bit and spread. cover the pan with plastic wrap and set let it sit out on the counter for 2 hours or so. this will let the dough rise and proof a bit and make it easier to stretch and get it right up on the edges of the pan
3) make or get your sauce going. i think the best pizza sauce is pretty basic...can of san marzano tomatoes, olive oil, salt, crushed red pepper, and garlic. keep the sauce simple IMO. but feel free to use your favorite or whatever recipe you really enjoy
4) for the cheese, you're supposed to use wisconsin brick cheese, but that's hard to get outside of the midwest. i used mozzarella and colby jack. it's important to buy the blocks of these rather than pre shredded because you want to cube them into quarter inch cubes for this style
5) after two hours of letting the dough sit, spread it out the edges of the pan. then get your cheese on it and make sure it's ALL THE WAY TO THE EDGE of the pan. this is what'll give you that crust and it melts down and caramelizes over the edges
6) throw on your sauce. you're supposed to do the 3 racing stripes if you're making a true detroit style, but honestly do whatever you prefer. as long as it goes on top of the cheese
7) i put the pepperonis on top of the sauce, but some people put them under the cheese. again, your call there. my goal was to get the pepperonis to crisp up and cup, but i cut them too thick. mine in the picture below are too thick so i would cut them thinner.
8 ) bake at 500-550 (however high your oven goes). this thing will be done in 15-20 minutes. it cooks fast. also, i used a pizza stone on the lowest rack in my oven and let that preheat for 30 minutes before putting the pizza in
9) once it's done, let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes or so. then let it cool on a cooling rack for another 3-5 before you slide it on to a tray or cutting board to cut. it's gonna be super hot and the cheese needs to cool before you cut or itll all just slide off

IMG_1500.jpeg

IMG_1502.jpeg

IMG_1503.jpeg

also, here is a vid i watched to just give me some pointers that i used abvoe. i didn't follow this 100%, but it helped to give me some guidance:

Looks good.

Lastly, info on the dough?

But in all seriousness I could see why guac + sour cream could be overwhelming.

But guac > sour cream
In my opinion, Avacado serves as a perfect "cream" for those of us that don't do the dairy.

I know conventional wisdom tells us avacado is nothing more than a decoration but I agree with Guac and SC both being present is pointless.

Explain the process of the Bacon Macaroni and Cheese.

Looks slightly Marikoish

cook the bacon, chop it, set aside. Boil some macaroni noodles, set aside.

sprinkle a crap ton of shredded cheese over noodles in layers. Thick layer on top. Sprinkle the bacon on top of that.

bake in oven at 350 for about 10 mins, just enough so the cheese is melted. Broil another 2 or 3 minutes to give the top a lil crisp. Serve in a bowl. Salt and pepper to preference.

*optional* smother in Heinz ketchup.

Can u review the burger ?
Any sort of commentary would be greatly appreciated

Brioche bun
Grassfed beef
Vidalia onion
Worcheshire sauce
Adobo seasoning
Black Pepper
Onion powder
Ketchup
Mustard

1. Today I decided to season my ground beef in bowl for whatever reason (combine seasonings and worcheshire) then formed two large patties

2. Chopped some onion and sauteed with butter and olive oil on a low heat for 10-15 minutes Lightly season with salt, pepper, onion powder.

3. Cook both patties on high heat until I get a crust on both sides then top with two slices of white American on each

4. How I assembled was bottom bun, little ketchup and mustard, pattie, onions, pattie, onions, little ketchup and mustard on top bun, complete.

Back
Top Bottom