FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20200614_090622.jpg

Sunday chicken and waffles.
Fruity pebbles waffles and Frosted Flakes crusted chicken

5EFA37D8-F756-4B47-BB60-67C784486C06.jpeg

sounds interesting. And not in a good way but how was it?

no shaping involved
just a ball of meat pressed flat
the first one i pressed did stick a lil

232867B7-C44C-41F5-8BF4-87B24B3CDBA0.jpeg

Did you season the meat?

just FYI:

Why don't you season the "interior" of the beefs?

I come in many peaces.

simplicity mainly. I’ve peppered the ground meat before it’s balled up before but don’t notice a difference since the patties are so thin

and salt imo should be added just before cooking so easier to do both at once

a thicker patty might call for a deeper seasoning but I don’t really ever cook burgers like that

proteins absolutely have to be at the point closer to my face when on the plate. You need to be investigated if you have it away from you.

Cutting meat away from you is a big no no. Needs to be front and center with minimal extension from your arms.

carnitas :smokin

you know who has shockingly good carnitas? Baja Buds. You guys have that around your ways? Not sure if its a Cali thing or not.

simplicity mainly. I’ve peppered the ground meat before it’s balled up before but don’t notice a difference since the patties are so thin

and salt imo should be added just before cooking so easier to do both at once

a thicker patty might call for a deeper seasoning but I don’t really ever cook burgers like that
Also adding to this, burgers tend to suck when the meat is overworked which you basically have a 100% chance of doing if you mix seasoning right into the ground beef. Need that loose pack.

Way better off just seasoning heavily on the exterior of a thiccboi burger.

yep, prefer burgers to be loosely packed over nicely packed into a ball. Tastes better in my opinion. Feel like the good stuff gets soaked inside the meat better

carnitas :smokin

you know who has shockingly good carnitas? Baja Buds. You guys have that around your ways? Not sure if its a Cali thing or not.

I couldn’t recall having seen a Baja Bud’s outside of SoCal, so I checked the Website. There’s only the two places on the Westside of LA.

I’m a fan.

Back
Top Bottom