FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Milk only serves to moisturize and soften the cereal. Any remaining milk, after the last grain has been eaten, is disgusting and should be poured out. If you want more milk, you should pour some into a glass. Sugar should not be added, cereal is perfectly balanced out of the box. My brother poured sugar over it, like he was Pacino in Scarface.

20200524_100718.jpg

65-70% milk ratio to me is perfect. It varies slightly with the cereal. Heavier cereal requires more milk. Also if you’re eating cereal that becomes chocolate milk at the end, you might want more milk to start off with. Basically you’re trying to saturate the cereal, but not make it soggy. Enough milk as to not have to make a second trip for milk just to be able to ingest it. It’s a trial and error scientific method, perfected at a young “Saturday morning cartoons and cereal” age.

the Gf does way too much milk. To the point where the cereal becomes soggy. This is the incorrect way. Also, she pours the milk first, THEN the cereal. Also incorrect. But shes dairy intolerant, and has only been eating cereal a few years. Started as an adult, so she’s got a ways to catch up.

2 cups of cereal per 1 cup of almond milk works for me. The key is not having too much milk but you still get a little bit of soggy with that crunchy

65-70% milk ratio to me is perfect. It varies slightly with the cereal. Heavier cereal requires more milk. Also if you’re eating cereal that becomes chocolate milk at the end, you might want more milk to start off with. Basically you’re trying to saturate the cereal, but not make it soggy. Enough milk as to not have to make a second trip for milk just to be able to ingest it. It’s a trial and error scientific method, perfected at a young “Saturday morning cartoons and cereal” age.

the Gf does way too much milk. To the point where the cereal becomes soggy. This is the incorrect way. Also, she pours the milk first, THEN the cereal. Also incorrect. But shes dairy intolerant, and has only been eating cereal a few years. Started as an adult, so she’s got a ways to catch up.
:rofl: @ Pouring milk first.

So she is lactose intolerant, but she used regular milk?

A60D9AA8-176A-49F7-A83C-167BAD2DD529.jpeg

7F858A65-727E-4E6A-8B86-376791A388D6.jpeg

fried some calamari

9F370D67-CEBD-4667-BCE3-F17837D59D57.jpeg

grilled filet mignons

24B139A1-90BD-4429-8BD4-24D16EA03BFA.jpeg

DCC01133-CC9F-4C0E-8F1C-5F406E22E3A1.jpeg

and fried chicken breasts

All of that looks like it belongs in a magazine man. Good stuff.

:rofl: @ Pouring milk first.

So she is lactose intolerant, but she used regular milk?

Whatever protein is in milk that comes from a cow makes her violently ill. Usually lactose free milk still contains that protein so she can’t do that one. She uses almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, and sometimes goat milk.

I don’t have a milk preference. Whole cow milk gives me bubble gut if I drInk like 2 full glasses. Every other milk is decided by macro and micro nutrients and my current needs/goals.

Just missing some caramelized onions to throw on that steak and the onions.

Looks good either way.
I had planned on including onions but i ran out and couldn't go to the store since i had a few too many drinks. But yeah, onions would have done it. Always buy onion when i purchase steaks but in these times, I try to get in and out of the store as quick as possible.

zinc, vitamin d3, l-arginine, l-lysine
brahhh, i had such an incident with my daily vitamins yesterday. Decided to throw 2 big ones down at once (my daily vitamins consist of 7 in one sitting) and it got stuck. Thought i was able to get it down so I laid down for a nap and as soon as i laid down, it resurfaced. Panic time. I could feel the liquid pass the vitamin each time i drank. Forced myself to throw up for the next hour. Didn't help.

Finally, 3 hours later, i was able to get some of it out (puke method). Came out powdery. Relief.

Does this ever happen to you guys? Happens to me too often. I don't know if i have a narrow esophagus or what, but its annoying. Any tips on how to get it down if it gets stuck?

"Load Management."

I see you.

with the maca root, Korean ginseng, pygeum, and lecithin, I’m puttin up Wilt numbers. Peter North ain’t got nothing on me. Word to nawghtyhare nawghtyhare

casper90403 casper90403 never got one stuck but a few times I tried to down like 8 pills all at once but with hot coffee. Couple of the nasty tasting ones burst open before I could get em down. Had to projectile spit out the whole batch. No bueno. I recommend consuming supps with water ONLY

Last edited:
with the maca root, Korean ginseng, pygeum, and lecithin, I’m puttin up Wilt numbers. Peter North ain’t got nothing on me. Word to nawghtyhare nawghtyhare

casper90403 casper90403 never got one stuck but a few times I tried to down like 8 pills all at once but with hot coffee. Couple of the nasty tasting ones burst open before I could get em down. Had to projectile spit out the whole batch. No bueno. I recommend consuming supps with water ONLY
Yoo that maca been doing wonders, shout out my dude RIP sleazyy RIP sleazyy for the recommendation.

Been taking spirulina too.

Does this ever happen to you guys? Happens to me too often. I don't know if i have a narrow esophagus or what, but its annoying. Any tips on how to get it down if it gets stuck?

is it only big vitamins this happens with or do you notice it with food also?
could be stomach acid irritating the esophagus which causes it to narrow.
maybe try taking an anti-acid like prilosec and see if that helps
not sure there's anything you can do once it's stuck other than try to relax and wait for it to pass

is it only big vitamins this happens with or do you notice it with food also?
could be stomach acid irritating the esophagus which causes it to narrow.
maybe try taking an anti-acid like prilosec and see if that helps
not sure there's anything you can do once it's stuck other than try to relax and wait for it to pass
yes, food as well. I tend to eat fast and not chew my food properly. BUT, i think you could be right about the stomach acid perhaps giving me issues. I've been told to take prilosec from my doctor (not related to this) but didn't since i don't like to take medicine too often.

I think you're right on here.

They **** on Jerry all the time but he's right here. I'll put the cereal, then pour 1/3rd bowl of milk and it usually works out perfect.

Back
Top Bottom