FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

1589852244522.jpeg

I like hot sauce well enough, but I find that the main purpose that it serves for me is to make bland/crappy food more bearable.

Outside of tacos/other Mexican foods I struggle to think of foods that I absolutely need hot sauce to be on.

Here's my current rotation for hot sauce. The first one on the left is a favorite. That and tapatio are staples. Not crazy spicy but great flavor:
IMG_1187.jpeg
Yes, I forgot about Palo Alto sauces! I love their stuff! Tourchbearer is local to me, but I haven't had them yet. I have to check out Cutino...

Yes, I forgot about Palo Alto sauces! I love their stuff! Tourchbearer is local to me, but I haven't had them yet. I have to check out Cutino...

hell yeah, man. the torchbearer stuff is HOT. it makes me sweat :lol:

i highly recommend Cutino when you're due for something new

I like hot sauce well enough, but I find that the main purpose that it serves for me is to make bland/crappy food more bearable.

Outside of tacos/other Mexican foods I struggle to think of foods that I absolutely need hot sauce to be on.

Eggs for sure.
Baked potato
Soups

A few off the top of my head.

Eggs for sure.
Baked potato
Soups

I'll give you eggs if they're being eaten by themselves. A poached egg on some avocado toast with some hot sauce also hits.

Also while we're at it: one of the most insufferable types of dudes are the ones that that act like eating really spicy foods makes them tough. My best friend's brother tried to clown on me the other day because I said the hot sauce at Mamoun's is pretty spicy. It's like dog...you're 35 years old trying to flex about something that would've impressed me when I was 11. Chill. :lol:

I'll give you eggs if they're being eaten by themselves. A poached egg on some avocado toast with some hot sauce also hits.

Also while we're at it: one of the most insufferable types of dudes are the ones that that act like eating really spicy foods makes them tough. My best friend's brother tried to clown on me the other day because I said the hot sauce at Mamoun's is pretty spicy. It's like dog...you're 35 years old trying to flex about something that would've impressed me when I was 11. Chill. :lol:

Frat mentality. Same thing with drinking. I only drink occasionally and when I do I sip. Dudes always act like it's a competition.

Frat mentality. Same thing with drinking. I only drink occasionally and when I do I sip. Dudes always act like it's a competition.
Yeah...which is dumb as **** because it's basically a race to see who can get the most sloppy and feel the worst the next day.

I'm in the same boat these days. Would rather :nthat: and see the devil while I lay on my couch watching Antiques Roadshow.

Eggs for sure.
Baked potato
Soups

100 percent with you on soups. Always add hot sauce. I think it enhances the flavor in most cases.

I also add it to most cooked vegetables, if they don’t have some other special sauce.

Back
Top Bottom