FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

9B5E87C1-DC60-4591-B3E6-801331BFFFF9.jpeg
cmon man dont be like THEM
what am i lookin at
:nerd:

what makes a taco authentic???
same ingredients used by the original creators...?
maybe original is a better word. not sure.

one of the chefs on that chefs table show says you can only really call a dish original or authentic if you are using ingredients from that respective area.
in that theory, tacos made with american ingredients would be called a mexican styled american taco.

one of the chefs on that chefs table show says you can only really call a dish original or authentic if you are using ingredients from that respective area.
in that theory, tacos made with american ingredients would be called a mexican styled american taco.
well what are the og ingredients
enlighten me please

nah electric stoves are so inferior
to gas stoves
when i stayed in the projects
i always had a gas stove
i dont think its a tax bracket issue

Yeah, I don't think this is something in our control.

More or less what the city provides plumbing wise.

It would hard to put a gas stove in an electric apartment.

Overrated concept.

As long as the food tastes good is all that matter.

The hippie talk about what is authentic or not is just an indirect way to flex.

The hippie talk about what is authentic or not is just an indirect way to flex.
haha thats one way to look at it.
another way is to pass on these recipes from the people who created it...i mean it's all subjective taste anyways but it is cool keeping the original tradition of how the taco was made
there's room for everyone's tacos.

haha thats one way to look at it.
another way is to pass on these recipes from the people who created it...i mean it's all subjective taste anyways but it is cool keeping the original tradition of how the taco was made
there's room for everyone's tacos.
I get it but I am just saying damn near everything has been hybridized at this point. The internet killed authenticity.

not completely sure. corn tortilla, meat, onion. cillantro, lime, some have pico and then green sauce or red sauce.
from my experience there's no shredded cheese or sour cream. that's tex-mex i think

hate corn tortilla
flour >>> corn
hate pico/salsa
dont like onions on my tacos
dont like green or red sauce

Check out Taco Chronicles on Netflix I thought it was pretty informative and entertaining.

But I’m kind of a foodie so it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Anyone can make authentic food with the right tools and ingredients. There is a difference between authentic cuisine cooked in the nature it was originally made, and then there are various different alterations of that recipe.

Authentic Mexican style taco is steak, corn tortilla, onion, cilantro, and maybe some taco sauce. That's how my **** was in Mexico.

Doesn't really matter. Does the food taste good?
So you know how like if you don’t learn certain languages before a certain age than you can’t hear the differences in tone and even know how to make those sounds when you’re an adult?

I think food is kind of the same way. Not everyone has the same palate.

1 person might think liver pate is delicious and the next might think it’s disgusting.

Depends how immersed you are into the culture.

How is someone supposed to know how to make authentic tacos if they’ve never had it before?

So my example of a wasp cooking good soul food would depend on how much soul he’s had and cooked in his life.

But there’s always exceptions to the rule and authentic doesn’t always equal delicious.

Like how you supposed to know how to make a Neapolitan Pizza if you’ve only had domino’s all your life? That doesn’t mean you can’t make good pizza though.

Authentic Mexican style taco is steak, corn tortilla, onion, cilantro, and maybe some taco sauce. That's how my **** was in Mexico.
That’s authentic/basic. The sauce has to be an actual salsa though, wether is chunky ingredients or blended into liquid. That Tapatio or Valentino sauce is not the move.

Edit: Latino (Mexican/Guatemalan) here.

Back
Top Bottom