FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

42E708EA-8701-44EE-A90C-E524320F42E5.jpeg

chicken adobo

Since ya'll brought up cheese and korean food there's this spot named bbq21 in fairfax,va that sells korean bbq ribs and cheese. Saw the rave reviews then got it and wondered what folks were on about. Trash *** combo, ribs were more ketchupy than bbq. My girl was not thrilled because we were hongry.

*not my pic

o.jpg

What is YOUR method in making Adobo?

I'm usually tweaking the recipe and methodology since i don't make it often but i think it came out good this time

i marinated thighs (bone in) overnight in 3/4 cup rice vinegar, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 2T olive oil, garlic, diced chiles, 2T black peppercorns, 2T brown sugar, oregano

used a dutch oven and seared the thighs for a few mins in olive oil, then added the marinade + 1/2 cup of water. brought it to a boil then reduced heat and simmered covered for however long

i'll simmer uncovered next time because my dutch oven retains too much liquid. i had to take the chicken out and cook the sauce down towards the end

this was my first time making it with rice vinegar instead of white. it didn't have the zing of white but the flavor was good. i may try a 50/50 blend next time of white/rice

burger looks good
minus the pickles
but why is the burger served in a bowl???
a metal bowl at that
and im a need to see
more done-ness to that bacon

yeah pickles were falling off.

it’s in a metal bowl because all our real dishes are in storage from corona.

Bacon is in there to flavor the greens, it would be better with smoked turkey IMO, but I’m not the chef.

yeah pickles were falling off.

it’s in a metal bowl because all our real dishes are in storage from corona.

Bacon is in there to flavor the greens, it would be better with smoked turkey IMO, but I’m not the chef.
did they cook the bacon first
then cook the greens and stuff in the grease after????

Back
Top Bottom