FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

58213251-3367-466B-B825-547F3F7E00EE.jpeg

I been saying man. The ninja foodi grill is prob the best purchase I’ve ever made. It’s 40 degrees and pouring rain outside and I’m in here grilling steak and asparagus in like 10 mins. Easy cleanup. Tastes just like it was made in the backyard. Gonna try the air fryer function next. Make me some fries :pimp:
Is it decent substitute or it just has grill racks?

Is it decent substitute or it just has grill racks?

It’s a decent substitute. Obviously you’re not gonna get that kingsford smokey flavor but it’s been cooking my food to perfection with that nice grilled char.

Hot honey is so damn good.

it really is
I'll order the soppressata/hot honey combo any time I see it
argula, priscoutto, parmesan was really good and also had one of the better margherita slices I've had in a while but HH was the consensus favorite

Marea was :nthat:last night. Incredible food, amazing wine pairings, and probably the best service I've ever experienced. Here's the rundown:

Puffed cracker with parmesan cream, robiola, chives, black truffle
0-1.jpg

Uni on crostini with lardo
0-2.jpg

Crudo sampler
0-3.jpg

Lobster and burrata with blistered cherry tomato, eggplant al funghetto, basil and caviar
0-4.jpg

Fusilli in bone marrow pomodoro sauce with red wine braised octopus
0-5.jpg

Halibut with potato puree, turnips, roasted cipollini onions, and hazelnut salsa verde
0-6.jpg

Chocolate mousse cake with passionfruit caramel, hazelnuts, and a strip of dark chocolate lining the bottom
0-7.jpg

Mini tiramisu cakes on chocolate wafers
0-8.jpg

Last edited:
58213251-3367-466B-B825-547F3F7E00EE.jpeg

I been saying man. The ninja foodi grill is prob the best purchase I’ve ever made. It’s 40 degrees and pouring rain outside and I’m in here grilling steak and asparagus in like 10 mins. Easy cleanup. Tastes just like it was made in the backyard. Gonna try the air fryer function next. Make me some fries :pimp:

Hell yeah! I got an indoor grill too and made the same thing:
1581955595064.png

Tenderloin and asparagus :pimp:

I've heard good things about Marea
how was the crudo?
that fusilli sounds :emoji_fire:
To me, the crudo was probably the most forgettable part of the meal, but still very good. The one in the middle was Pacific kanpachi with orange, beet, horseradish, and a potato crisp. Definitely my favorite of the bunch. The one on the far right was yellowfin tuna on a lightly pickled cucumber with oyster cream and crispy artichoke, and the one in between those two was Pacific horse mackerel with celery root and black truffle. I honestly don't fully remember the other two on the left. :lol:

If u like canned vegetables you should try the Margaret Holmes brand if you haven't already.

Tomatoes okra and corn
Triple succotash
Cabbage

Hoppin-John-New.fw_.png

Just add some salt and pepper or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom