FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

The kids are testing tomorrow. I was telling them the importance of eating a healthy breakfast w/good sleep. Someone asked me about doughnuts and I said, "Nah. Do better. Fried/sugary dough" isn't ideal.

A coworker responded,"Oh doughnuts are a fine breakfast. They are better than chips." 🤦🏾‍♂️

@jjs07

Testing for what?

Went to this spot called eatMOSAIC out by me that gets rave reviews. It's basically a chef's tasting menu type place where the menu and wine pairings change every day:

Seafood bisque with shrimp, lobster, langoustine, spiced cauliflower puree, sweet potato puree, and everything bagel seasoning
0-1.jpg

Cured salmon salad with arugula, buttered/roasted baby new potatoes, blue cheese, charred cauliflower, balsamic, and a winter fruit compote
0-2.jpg

Lamb T-bone and fresh pasta in a pecorino cream sauce with peas, fresh spinach, chickpeas, and grated pecorino served with meyer lemon ricotta and meyer lemon basil pesto
0-3.jpg

Filet mignon over buttermilk polenta with a cabbage/Brussels sprout kraut with kielbasa, and grapefruit emulsion
0-4.jpg

From left to right: hazelnut mousse with gingerbread crumble and butterscotch toffee, chocolate lavender custard with whipped cream and dried raspberries, and a pastry that was very reminiscent to baklava but with almonds instead of walnuts
0-5.jpg

Went to this spot called eatMOSAIC out by me that gets rave reviews. It's basically a chef's tasting menu type place where the menu and wine pairings change every day:

Seafood bisque with shrimp, lobster, langoustine, spiced cauliflower puree, sweet potato puree, and everything bagel seasoning
0-1.jpg

Cured salmon salad with arugula, buttered/roasted baby new potatoes, blue cheese, charred cauliflower, balsamic, and a winter fruit compote
0-2.jpg

Lamb T-bone and fresh pasta in a pecorino cream sauce with peas, fresh spinach, chickpeas, and grated pecorino served with meyer lemon ricotta and meyer lemon basil pesto
0-3.jpg

Filet mignon over buttermilk polenta with a cabbage/Brussels sprout kraut with kielbasa, and grapefruit emulsion
0-4.jpg

From left to right: hazelnut mousse with gingerbread crumble and butterscotch toffee, chocolate lavender custard with whipped cream and dried raspberries, and a pastry that was very reminiscent to baklava but with almonds instead of walnuts
0-5.jpg

This pretty cool.

0-1.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

0-4.jpg

0-5.jpg

tenor-32.gif

He fancy

Chick Fil A opened up at a mall here in Toronto. No line up when I went. **** was good but def overrated
Woulda been upset if I had to wait hours in line for this :lol:

8D3B6006-04F8-421A-953B-7418E442FF9F.jpeg
Try it without all of the cheese and roughage next time. It’s just filler that takes away from the chicken.

Basic spicy with some hot sauce and herb ranch or basic original with CFA sauce>______

Only time I see big lines at CFA around here are on weekends during prime lunch hours in soccer/baseball season.

Back
Top Bottom