FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

My days off i love making breakfast, found this coffee at Aldi so I had to cop!! Pretty tasty it smells like french vanilla but has some oakiness and bourbon finish
20190316_090931.jpg
20190316_094857.jpg

Sausage
Overeasy eggs
Multigrain toast
Diced potatoes

EVERYTHING is heavy :lol:

SO good though :pimp:

Where do you plan on going?

Not sure yet. I just did a scan of the local foods and have a list of those. Now need to find the spots for each and make it work with my schedule/location.

Any suggestions, let ‘em rip.

Jambalaya
Crawfish Ettoufee
Gumbo
Rice + Red Beans
Pralines
Po Boys
Bananas Foster
Beignets
Muffuletta
Looks like King Cake is only a Mardi Gras thing?

Not sure yet. I just did a scan of the local foods and have a list of those. Now need to find the spots for each and make it work with my schedule/location.

Any suggestions, let ‘em rip.

Jambalaya
Crawfish Ettoufee
Gumbo
Rice + Red Beans
Pralines
Po Boys
Bananas Foster
Beignets
Muffuletta
Looks like King Cake is only a Mardi Gras thing?
- Cochon is my favorite restaurant there. They have a bit of everything.
- Parkway for po boys.
- Central Grocery for muffaletta.
- Cafe du Monde for beignets. Suggest going later at night to avoid the lines. Place is huge though.
- Lil Dizzy's Cafe for soul food.
- Willie Mae's Scotch House for fried chicken and soul food.
- Pat O'Brien's for hurricanes.
- Coop's Place has a "taste plate" that includes a cup of gumbo, jambalaya, red beans & rice, fried chicken, and shrimp creole.

My man. Appreciate it. Developing a master plan as we speak. Good to know about Dumonde. Maybe I’ll scoop some right when I land late afternoon and knock it out.

Do sprints at the hotel gym that night :lol:

Made sweet & sour pork last night. Made own sauce and cut up a pineapple so used fresh ingredients. The flour coating didn't come out crispy as I had hoped for but it was light without a thick batter.
20190315_215123.jpg

I dont eat pork but it does look good, probably cause it reminds me of seaseme chicken with broccoli.

My man. Appreciate it. Developing a master plan as we speak. Good to know about Dumonde. Maybe I’ll scoop some right when I land late afternoon and knock it out.

Do sprints at the hotel gym that night :lol:
The chicory coffee at Cafe du Monde is fire too.

I assume you'll probably be staying somewhere around the business district. Only place that is a bit far is Parkway and Willie Mae's/Lil Dizzys. Everything else should be in walking distance for you.

- Cochon is my favorite restaurant there. They have a bit of everything.
- Parkway for po boys.
- Central Grocery for muffaletta.
- Cafe du Monde for beignets. Suggest going later at night to avoid the lines. Place is huge though.
- Lil Dizzy's Cafe for soul food.
- Willie Mae's Scotch House for fried chicken and soul food.
- Pat O'Brien's for hurricanes.
- Coop's Place has a "taste plate" that includes a cup of gumbo, jambalaya, red beans & rice, fried chicken, and shrimp creole.

This is a very good list based on my time in NO and other things I’ve heard. I also went to Commander’s Palace and Emeril’s and both lived up to the hype for me. But I don’t know how far in advance you need to get reservations at those spots.

Spot called Brennan’s keeps popping up. Might hit that. Still have to do my deep dive.

Gotta do some gator too. But I have had that in FL.

Last edited:
This is a very good list based on my time in NO and other things I’ve heard. I also went to Commander’s Palace and Emeril’s and both lived up to the hype for me. But I don’t know how far in advance you need to get reservations at those spots.
Yeah I actually haven't been to any of the more formal places :lol:

Think the fiancé (will be wife at that point) and I are going to try to do a few days there when fall rolls around and will hit some of them up.

Been at a work event this weekend and one of the things offered for dinner last night was a Mac and Cheese Bar/Station. Similar in concept to an omelette bar. Macaroni is the base. Then you pick from a few protein (bacon, lobster, ham) options and a few veggie options (peas, broccoli, carmelized onions, dried tomatoes) and they sautée it all in pan for you. Then you pick your cheese sauce - cheddar, guyere and smoked gouda.

Never seen that before and was pretty cool. Mine came out pretty tasty - went with peas, carmeized onions, a little broccoli and the cheddar sauce.

No pics. Sorry.

Unless you are drunk all of those dollar slices are nasty as hell

Also shameless plug shout out Dani’s house of pizza in Kew Gardens. My favorite slice ever :pimp:

That sweet sauce pause

Dani's is delicious. Haven't had it in a minute.

Haven’t had any in a long time but have enjoyed slices from 2 Brothers pizza every time.

Need to try a Cuban frita looks fire!!!! I had a lacy edge when I was a kid I remember ei loved it gotta find a spot that makes it here.

I've never had a fish sandwich from a ff establishment that was good

I might give that a shot.

What sauce do u reccomend

I've never had a fish sandwich from a ff establishment that was good

I might give that a shot.

What sauce do u reccomend
It comes with tarter, very filling and the best fish sandwich I've ever had from a fast food place. Although its not a difficult feet to accomplish

Back
Top Bottom