FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Old pics I had left lying around

1467302_10151791813558391_769387810_n.jpg

Sichuan cuisine

From top left: Vegetarian goose, Pickled Fish Hot Pot, Flaming Frog Pot, Garlic String Beans, Beef in flaming chili oil, drunken chicken, Lobster with their house spicy sauce, and Couples Delight

1912524_10151994058708391_1060336253_n.jpg

Creole cuisine

From top left: Smoked Duck confit, sauteed shrimp creola, roasted sunday chicken over rice, Some fish of the day dish, Buttermilk Fried chicken, seafood gumbo, fried okra, and hush puppies

1797454_10151956751148391_1483204336_n.jpg

Sushi Sam's Edomata :pimp:

Last edited:
haha it is! You can make breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert on it :lol: I used it more times then I did the Foreman grill when I had one. It takes like a minute to get hot. Just wipe it down with a towel after you're done.

What's prik king? pork belly?

Last edited:
I'm from NorCal but will be going down to San Diego and LA for the weekend. Will only have 1 day in each city, which are the must go spots to check out? I went to Phil's BBQ in SD last year I was there and loved it and planned on going there again unless theres something better I should try.
What part of LA?

And while in SD...Lolitas is always a must for me. Best Carne Asada fries I've ever had.

But if you're looking for a dining and bar experience then just head down to the Gaslamp district, really can't go wrong there!

What part of LA?

And while in SD...Lolitas is always a must for me. Best Carne Asada fries I've ever had.
But if you're looking for a dining and bar experience then just head down to the Gaslamp district, really can't go wrong there!

Thanks, I'll take a look into Lolitas. In LA I'm gonna be around Inglewood where my aunt stays.

I can vouch for Lolita's. Even though they went up in price the fries are fire. Especially the red and green sauce. Also check out the nutty p (north park)

Pad prik king is really just another curry dish that's drier the usual Thai curries. You can prepare it with whatever meat you like.

Last edited:
I'm going to Toronto later today. Will post pics of poutine and other interesting Canadian cuisine.

Last edited:
Well I'm going mainly to see Niagara Falls. But the hotel I'm staying in, Westin Hotel is in Toronto. I know there is a cool nightlife scene out there but don't know what the best places are. I didn't feel like combing through Yelp reviews. So if you could point me to some places that would be cool. Also, what is Canadian cuisine? Other than Poutine, what other things should I try?

I don't eat seafood.

OC Fairgrounds EVERY Thursday from 11a-2p. They usually switch up their lineup every week. Burnt Truck seems to be the consistent truck week in week out.

Had the Burnt Truck and Waffles De Liege today.

Yooo... @girlslovewaffles the Speculoos Waffle... :pimp: :evil: :wow: 8) :wow:

I go to Loyola and this is right on campus.... Mmmmm. The Father Burger and Kimchi Fries are fire :smokin I am not a fan of kimchi but I can eat this all day

Is this the one next to the movie theater? I'm in Chicago every couple of months and my cousin lives on Sheridan and I always mean to stop in there. Kimchi fries sealed the deal.

Back
Top Bottom