FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

r539.jpg

Had a "small" pastrami reuben today cause I was too scared to get the large :lol:

Time to hit the gym

Last edited:
Shrimp ceviche with plantain chips from Red O. Los Angeles, Ca

Actually don't remember what this was. Red O. Los Angeles, Ca

Cochinita Pibil. Red O. Los Angeles, Ca

Queso Fundido. Red O. Los Angeles, Ca

Crab and Shrimp Enchiladas. Red O. Los Angeles, Ca

From my birthday a few years back, I wanted to go to Red O because Rick Bayless(my favorite chef) had just opened it up a couple months prior. Before that, you could only get his food in Chicago. So we end up going and low and behold, he was there to do a demonstration on how to make his famous Mole. My parents tell the waiters that it was my birthday and a couple minutes later Rick comes to my table to wish me a happy birthday. He took me to the kitchen and I got to cook with him for a bit! He showed me the thought process behind some of his dishes and it was absolutely breath taking. There is so much detail and intricacy that goes into everything, and I was in complete awe at his passion for food! It was a surreal experience and something I'm definitely going to remember forever. 

Waffle maker is my favorite appliance right now. So versatile, quick, and easy to clean. Baking a cake would take 45 minutes to an hour. On a waffle maker, it takes half that time or less.
Added walnut to the carrot cake mix. I tried red velvet cake mix before and used a banana nut bread recipe with it as well. You can top it with ice cream, whipped cream or frosting if you like.

Grilled cheese with ham came out good too. The cheese was evenly melted and it didn't burn the bread melting the cheese like it does in a frying pan.

I'll report back if I can think of something else to make with it.

^^^looks good :smokin

I got myself a free belgium cast iron waffle maker a month ago from a friend that works in a store that supplies equipment for restaurants. Who knew a waffle maker can cost this much :x.....

But since I've had it, I've been making waffles like 3 times a week and still not tired of it...pretty sure I've gained a few pounds over that span :lol:

^^^looks good :smokin

I got myself a free belgium cast iron waffle maker a month ago from a friend that works in a store that supplies equipment for restaurants. Who knew a waffle maker can cost this much :x.....

But since I've had it, I've been making waffles like 3 times a week and still not tired of it...pretty sure I've gained a few pounds over that span :lol:

:lol: I've gain a few pounds myself and yeah restaurant quality waffle makers are indeed pricey but they are built like tanks compared to the economical ones. You should try to make other things with it, we can get ideas off each other. 8)

g4hk.jpg

Pigging out a little this week but I'm getting two wisdom teeth pulled next week so fugit :lol:

Messy, half eaten Pulled pork w/ Coleslaw on Sourdough. Sounds kinda like a weird bread choice but it totally works. The bread is baked in-house too so it was nice and fresh :pimp:

Pulled pork sandwich looks :pimp:

Craving sushi too.

Frozen chicken patty cooked on the waffle maker again :lol: Condiment of choice, tartar sauce. Chicken came out crispy.

I'm from NorCal but will be going down to San Diego and LA for the weekend. Will only have 1 day in each city, which are the must go spots to check out? I went to Phil's BBQ in SD last year I was there and loved it and planned on going there again unless theres something better I should try.

Back
Top Bottom