FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Rita's just opened up here so I thought I try it out for the first time. Got the gelati (Italian ice & custard) it was Starbucks orange with vanilla custard. Tasted like a 50/50 bar. Really good spot especially for a hot day!

I miss Rita's so much man, they had a spot not too far from me but they didn't open it up last spring/summer....that has the end of that, a true heartbreak :smh:
I'll have to take a trip out of the way one of these days

I shoot with a Nikon D5100 and just do basic editing on Flickr.
Thanks fam!!

Been away from this thread for a minute, but I'm on vacation in tthe pan handle of flordia.

If anyone lives near here (Atlanta is about a 5 hour drive) let me know, I have some dope restaurant suggestions.

No pics tho...sorry...:frown:

Time to unload, pause.

Shanghainese food:

Spicy beef tendons.

Random.

These "Saan jeen baos" :smokin.

Bruschetta, really good!

Vietnamese five spice chicken and garlic noodles, incredible.

Chorizo, eggs, on brioche bun and with wedges.

Mascarpone soufflé pancakes.

Gilroy garlic mac and cheese. nawghtyhare nawghtyhare you were right, mediocre.

Last edited:
Time to unload, pause.

Shanghainese food:

Spicy beef tendons.

Random.

These "Saan jeen baos" :smokin.

Bruschetta, really good!

Vietnamese five spice chicken and garlic noodles, incredible.

Chorizo, eggs, on brioche bun and with wedges.

Mascarpone soufflé pancakes.

Gilroy garlic mac and cheese. nawghtyhare nawghtyhare you were right, mediocre.
Where u get the bruschetta and the pancakes from :nerd:

Ok. I have been eating SUPER clean over the last 6 months or so. I am craving some pancakes. Don't feel like doing it from scratch, so I got some "add water" mixture from Hungry Jack. Is there anything I can do to spruce them up?

Ok. I have been eating SUPER clean over the last 6 months or so. I am craving some pancakes. Don't feel like doing it from scratch, so I got some "add water" mixture from Hungry Jack. Is there anything I can do to spruce them up?
If you still want to eat slightly clean, I've been making this Strawberry Balsamic reduction and adding it on to things when I feel like "cheating".

It'd go great with pancakes since it's a syrupy texture

half cup balsamic

as many strawberries as you want, I stick around 2 cups

brown sugar to taste

a pinch of sea salt

and a little lemon zest

Heat balsamic til it's boiling, then lower heat to a simmer for a bit and it reduces to about 1/4 of the original measure. Add in the rest of the ingredients and let sit for about 5min, then crush the strawberries and mash everything together, let sit again for 5 minutes or until thick. Let cool and then serve!

I just ran out of strawberries and probably will be too lazy to go out and get some. But I was more so asking about the pancakes. What can I do to make them good. I haven't had boxed pancakes in over 6 years

Sliders with mushrooms, onions, bacon, cheese, and Buffalo Wild Wings.

Food coma. Oh and fries and sweet potatoe fries:

^a friend put me on to sliders using kings Hawaiian rolls...I didnt know what the hell I was doing before that

I just ran out of strawberries and probably will be too lazy to go out and get some. But I was more so asking about the pancakes. What can I do to make them good. I haven't had boxed pancakes in over 6 years
I decided to ground up some rolled oats into an angel dust. I put it into that mixture. WIll cook them a litter later though. Added cinnamon and a little ginger.\ powder

Back
Top Bottom