Foamposite x Lunar (teaser pic)

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

...i think they're going w/ Flywire on the Air Pillar Retro's too when the time comes
they better not even think about that as an option
indifferent.gif

...matter of fact....the first person at Nike to even suggest something remotely close to the retro being different or altered with new technology should be treated like:

the convo i had with the designer was that the Pillar molds were destroyed along w/ these Foam Max's(yes and the retro molds from 04 were destroyed too), and they'd have to rebuild it from scratch cuz they didn't have the proper tooling to remake them how they'd like to
so if they did they would just update it w/ new tech i even offered to sacrifice my pair at home so they could be retroed the right way...their main concern was the weight of the Foam Max i told them that i could care less about the weight at this point its a Sportsear release it's not made w/ performance in mind, and if i wanted to play ball in them i would cop a ballin shoe w/ newer technology like a Hyperfuse or a Lebron

....i'm not sayin change the design of the shoe just replace the previous materials w/ lunar foam if the weight is an issue

but Nike is right in a certain aspect a lighter shoe does = better performance if there's less weight on your feet you can move quickly, and get less fatigued as oppose to the anchors we grew up with....this is partly why Flight technology came into fruition at the end of the day i hope they really don't mess it up i need these again in my life
Is that really where their mindset lies with some of the older retros? DO they even know what that shoe looks like?

m87235964.jpg

Where would flywire go? Am I looking at the wrong pillar model?
Mesh everywhere. Albeit the midsole has a bit more substance than other shoes. It doesn't appear any more complicated than say a griffey II or griffey I retro.

I can just so easily look through their reasoning and flat out call them EXCUSES. How can you even manage to talk to some of those guys for more than a couple minutes. I would call it quits asap once I saw what their ultimate goal was.

These retroed a while back
nike-air-max2-uptempo-tt-2.jpg

(OG picture BTW).

I owned a pair. They were BOATS. Literally 19-22 ounces or more. Yet they pushed them out just fine. Synthetic leather Auburn trainer sc HIGHs weigh a ton. So do the trainer max 91s.. Lets see the griffey freshwaters, the volt uptempos, olympic pippen AIRs, and just about any other high top early 90 to mid 90 retro shoe put to the weight TEST...

Now with the pillars, there is all of a sudden a weight issue? I'm sure I'm missing a couple other complex upper retros that have been redone recently. I doubt the air digs had a mold saved. Someone recreated that entire shoes upper and midsole, only to make it a womens release with 3-4 colorways?

Go figure... They are the ones who waited 20 years for a sc trainer II "retro" but turn it into an AUTO TRAINER. They recreate from SCRATCH, a very complex layered UPPER, and decide to throw a flat vulcanized midsole onto the shoe. Now they change some colors around. Maybe grey leather weighs more than black so they go with the lightest? I hear infrared paint is two to three times heavier than total orange.. It all makes sense now.

Would we not see a Glove, payton IV, ultraflight, or hyperflight retro because those all weighed upwards of a lb. Now Nike has weight standards?

I find what they are saying highly offensive to anyone slightly in the know about past retros.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

...i think they're going w/ Flywire on the Air Pillar Retro's too when the time comes
they better not even think about that as an option
indifferent.gif

...matter of fact....the first person at Nike to even suggest something remotely close to the retro being different or altered with new technology should be treated like:

the convo i had with the designer was that the Pillar molds were destroyed along w/ these Foam Max's(yes and the retro molds from 04 were destroyed too), and they'd have to rebuild it from scratch cuz they didn't have the proper tooling to remake them how they'd like to
so if they did they would just update it w/ new tech i even offered to sacrifice my pair at home so they could be retroed the right way...their main concern was the weight of the Foam Max i told them that i could care less about the weight at this point its a Sportsear release it's not made w/ performance in mind, and if i wanted to play ball in them i would cop a ballin shoe w/ newer technology like a Hyperfuse or a Lebron

....i'm not sayin change the design of the shoe just replace the previous materials w/ lunar foam if the weight is an issue

but Nike is right in a certain aspect a lighter shoe does = better performance if there's less weight on your feet you can move quickly, and get less fatigued as oppose to the anchors we grew up with....this is partly why Flight technology came into fruition at the end of the day i hope they really don't mess it up i need these again in my life
Is that really where their mindset lies with some of the older retros? DO they even know what that shoe looks like?

m87235964.jpg

Where would flywire go? Am I looking at the wrong pillar model?
Mesh everywhere. Albeit the midsole has a bit more substance than other shoes. It doesn't appear any more complicated than say a griffey II or griffey I retro.

I can just so easily look through their reasoning and flat out call them EXCUSES. How can you even manage to talk to some of those guys for more than a couple minutes. I would call it quits asap once I saw what their ultimate goal was.

These retroed a while back
nike-air-max2-uptempo-tt-2.jpg

(OG picture BTW).

I owned a pair. They were BOATS. Literally 19-22 ounces or more. Yet they pushed them out just fine. Synthetic leather Auburn trainer sc HIGHs weigh a ton. So do the trainer max 91s.. Lets see the griffey freshwaters, the volt uptempos, olympic pippen AIRs, and just about any other high top early 90 to mid 90 retro shoe put to the weight TEST...

Now with the pillars, there is all of a sudden a weight issue? I'm sure I'm missing a couple other complex upper retros that have been redone recently. I doubt the air digs had a mold saved. Someone recreated that entire shoes upper and midsole, only to make it a womens release with 3-4 colorways?

Go figure... They are the ones who waited 20 years for a sc trainer II "retro" but turn it into an AUTO TRAINER. They recreate from SCRATCH, a very complex layered UPPER, and decide to throw a flat vulcanized midsole onto the shoe. Now they change some colors around. Maybe grey leather weighs more than black so they go with the lightest? I hear infrared paint is two to three times heavier than total orange.. It all makes sense now.

Would we not see a Glove, payton IV, ultraflight, or hyperflight retro because those all weighed upwards of a lb. Now Nike has weight standards?

I find what they are saying highly offensive to anyone slightly in the know about past retros.

Wait til you feel the Foamposite Material. Almost Variant soft like.

As for molds being destroyed. Nike has an extensive archive for ALL their footwear now, as they learned from the Jordan II situation. However whats not realized is it's not about the mold when a complete redesign of every retro happens when they re-re-re-release it..

Hence why you see minor differences in even the Royal Foams. After PLMs and Engineers do the specs changes occur for EVERY re-release.

No two releases of the same shoe will ever be the same.

Wait til you feel the Foamposite Material. Almost Variant soft like.

As for molds being destroyed. Nike has an extensive archive for ALL their footwear now, as they learned from the Jordan II situation. However whats not realized is it's not about the mold when a complete redesign of every retro happens when they re-re-re-release it..

Hence why you see minor differences in even the Royal Foams. After PLMs and Engineers do the specs changes occur for EVERY re-release.

No two releases of the same shoe will ever be the same.

People seem to forget that the Total Max unit on the Duncans was the heaviest part of the shoe...

The foam material isnt quite as heavy as people make it out to be...

Nike has released a shoes that have a decent weight to them that also contained a good amount of Foam material...

i.e. The Skyposites that released in '09 were a perfect example... People could see past the aesthetics of the shoe...

They performed well, IMO... and I'm assuming that Nike concentrating on the performance with these...

I dont agree with using the Foam Max design tho...

People seem to forget that the Total Max unit on the Duncans was the heaviest part of the shoe...

The foam material isnt quite as heavy as people make it out to be...

Nike has released a shoes that have a decent weight to them that also contained a good amount of Foam material...

i.e. The Skyposites that released in '09 were a perfect example... People could see past the aesthetics of the shoe...

They performed well, IMO... and I'm assuming that Nike concentrating on the performance with these...

I dont agree with using the Foam Max design tho...

Back
Top Bottom