Foamposite x Lunar (teaser pic)

i saw this coming when those nike reps mentioned the weight factor in retroing these....how about a lunar material midsole sculpted to the same design of the OG midsole on top of the air units? you get the weight reduction you're looking for Nike this design doesn't even flow w/ the silhouette of the shoe...i think they're going w/ Flywire on the Air Pillar Retro's too when the time comes

i saw this coming when those nike reps mentioned the weight factor in retroing these....how about a lunar material midsole sculpted to the same design of the OG midsole on top of the air units? you get the weight reduction you're looking for Nike this design doesn't even flow w/ the silhouette of the shoe...i think they're going w/ Flywire on the Air Pillar Retro's too when the time comes

foam = last forever...........lunar = bottom out
foam = heavy...........lunar = lightweight

why o why

foam = last forever...........lunar = bottom out
foam = heavy...........lunar = lightweight

why o why

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

...i think they're going w/ Flywire on the Air Pillar Retro's too when the time comes
they better not even think about that as an option
indifferent.gif

...matter of fact....the first person at Nike to even suggest something remotely close to the retro being different or altered with new technology should be treated like:

...i think they're going w/ Flywire on the Air Pillar Retro's too when the time comes
indifferent.gif

...matter of fact....the first person at Nike to even suggest something remotely close to the retro being different or altered with new technology should be treated like:

How much weight are we looking at on the OG model? Nike is all caught up in "weight" discussions with EVERY SHOE imaginable. You realize we were told they went with synthetic leather and synthetic suede on certain models because it weighed less. The reality was a 1-2 ounce difference. An ounce is about one empty soda can. Nike would say, "well that's a 7% weight decrease (from 15 ounces to 14)"... Then you have models like the ultraflight which are just historically "heavy". All basketball shoes at one point in time came in weighing 17-19 ounces (sz 12-13).. With the current trend of Nike and the Kobe VI weighing something like 13 ounces (something a stability/cushion asics/brooks running shoe would be hard pressed to do) and now Nike wants to change the world with nothing but lightweight shoes???

Nice
laugh.gif

How much weight are we looking at on the OG model? Nike is all caught up in "weight" discussions with EVERY SHOE imaginable. You realize we were told they went with synthetic leather and synthetic suede on certain models because it weighed less. The reality was a 1-2 ounce difference. An ounce is about one empty soda can. Nike would say, "well that's a 7% weight decrease (from 15 ounces to 14)"... Then you have models like the ultraflight which are just historically "heavy". All basketball shoes at one point in time came in weighing 17-19 ounces (sz 12-13).. With the current trend of Nike and the Kobe VI weighing something like 13 ounces (something a stability/cushion asics/brooks running shoe would be hard pressed to do) and now Nike wants to change the world with nothing but lightweight shoes???

Nice
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

indifferent.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

roll.gif

Are you #%@%!*# kidding me with this *!%*%%%!?
They've TRULY bumped their damn heads this time.

Are you #%@%!*# kidding me with this *!%*%%%!?
They've TRULY bumped their damn heads this time.

indifferent.gif

the convo i had with the designer was that the Pillar molds were destroyed along w/ these Foam Max's(yes and the retro molds from 04 were destroyed too), and they'd have to rebuild it from scratch cuz they didn't have the proper tooling to remake them how they'd like to
so if they did they would just update it w/ new tech i even offered to sacrifice my pair at home so they could be retroed the right way...their main concern was the weight of the Foam Max i told them that i could care less about the weight at this point its a Sportsear release it's not made w/ performance in mind, and if i wanted to play ball in them i would cop a ballin shoe w/ newer technology like a Hyperfuse or a Lebron

....i'm not sayin change the design of the shoe just replace the previous materials w/ lunar foam if the weight is an issue

but Nike is right in a certain aspect a lighter shoe does = better performance if there's less weight on your feet you can move quickly, and get less fatigued as oppose to the anchors we grew up with....this is partly why Flight technology came into fruition at the end of the day i hope they really don't mess it up i need these again in my life

indifferent.gif

the convo i had with the designer was that the Pillar molds were destroyed along w/ these Foam Max's(yes and the retro molds from 04 were destroyed too), and they'd have to rebuild it from scratch cuz they didn't have the proper tooling to remake them how they'd like to
so if they did they would just update it w/ new tech i even offered to sacrifice my pair at home so they could be retroed the right way...their main concern was the weight of the Foam Max i told them that i could care less about the weight at this point its a Sportsear release it's not made w/ performance in mind, and if i wanted to play ball in them i would cop a ballin shoe w/ newer technology like a Hyperfuse or a Lebron

....i'm not sayin change the design of the shoe just replace the previous materials w/ lunar foam if the weight is an issue

but Nike is right in a certain aspect a lighter shoe does = better performance if there's less weight on your feet you can move quickly, and get less fatigued as oppose to the anchors we grew up with....this is partly why Flight technology came into fruition at the end of the day i hope they really don't mess it up i need these again in my life

they always talking that $#!t about the molds being destroyed....just like the foam one mold was destroyed once upon a time in a kingdom far far away but here we are almost 10 retro foam one releases later.....
eyes.gif

Yo Nike....
youneedmorepeople.jpg

they always talking that $#!t about the molds being destroyed....just like the foam one mold was destroyed once upon a time in a kingdom far far away but here we are almost 10 retro foam one releases later.....
eyes.gif

Yo Nike....
youneedmorepeople.jpg

Back
Top Bottom