Flyknit Chukka Thread

Answer is literally 8 posts up from yours, or 1 post below the picture you quoted...jesus christ.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Agree, and at first glance I would cut the flyknit slightly above the heel cup, fold over and sew. From there, the tongue also needs to be shortened. Keep in mind that cutting the flyknit may lead to the material unbinding. It would be nice to have HTM lows of these, but they're great regardless.

The chukkas have 7 eyelets and the lows have 5 eyelets. I was going to kind of get an idea for the correct shape and pattern from looking at photos of HTM's, and my Racers and Trainers. Cut just below the 6th eyelet. Cut the heel loop from the inside to resew back in later, then possibly use an open flame to melt the areas where I cut in order to keep it from unraveling. Then find a donor shoe like a Flyknit One and take off the ankle padding and stitch it over the top of the cut/melted area. Remove the tongue from the base, trim a bit of the base off and then resew it in.

Im shocked by the amount of unawares on the HTMs. Wut de heck

This shocks me as well. They only did release at 5 places or less depending on which HTM. I guess only those of us with the biggest addiction to Flyknits really know about them. I feel that most people had no idea about Flyknit technology until after the Summer Olympics even though so much of the infomation was readily available.

Im shocked by the amount of unawares on the HTMs. Wut de heck
I thought the only HTM that people spoke of was the bluish HTM Chukka's. Didn't bother to do further research until I saw that one photo today. 

haha.

Would have loved to cop one of those low HTM multi-colors up to even $250-$300! 

The chukkas have 7 eyelets and the lows have 5 eyelets. I was going to kind of get an idea for the correct shape and pattern from looking at photos of HTM's, and my Racers and Trainers. Cut just below the 6th eyelet. Cut the heel loop from the inside to resew back in later, then possibly use an open flame to melt the areas where I cut in order to keep it from unraveling. Then find a donor shoe like a Flyknit One and take off the ankle padding and stitch it over the top of the cut/melted area. Remove the tongue from the base, trim a bit of the base off and then resew it in.
Really ??? Are you serious ??? Never understood the need to ruin something that´s beautiful as it comes.....maybe because I don´t have an OCD....
wink.gif

Really ??? Are you serious ??? Never understood the need to ruin something that´s beautiful as it comes.....maybe because I don´t have an OCD....:wink:

HAHAHA. If you dont like the change I would say its because you have OCD and lack a creative itch. An OCD person could never cut up a shoe for fear of screwing it up or making a mistake.

I am the last person to ever have OCD. Messiest room ever! Im an artist and like creating things just to see if I can do it. Its not ruining something beautiful. Its making something with your own hands that is unique and equally beautiful.

Although I have a lot of artwork, this is my first foray into shoe creation......

(just because I couldnt find a shoe that would allow me to jog to my yacht)

NIKE LUNAR SPERRYS
View media item 738578View media item 738583View media item 738585

Not a flyknit chukka specifically but can anybody comment on sizing for Nike Hyperfeels? Should I stick with my Flyknit size??

Have opportunity to buy University Red size 10.5 worn twice for $130. 1) take it? 2) I wear size 10 normally should 10.5 not be that big a difference?

Back
Top Bottom