Financial Advising: Student Loans - vol. This cant be life

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Damn and I'm sitting here complaining bout my 30K worth of loans, 110K JESUS!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

my sentiments exactly. hu ftmfl

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I know right lol. I always tried to apply for scholarships while I'm still here, I hope I get a pretty substantial amount this year. 100k better be in Med School or getting a law degree, anything else with that much debt is OD'ing IMO

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I know right lol. I always tried to apply for scholarships while I'm still here, I hope I get a pretty substantial amount this year. 100k better be in Med School or getting a law degree, anything else with that much debt is OD'ing IMO

Originally Posted by loseyasole

Wow, discharging debt is really the answer. I do not want to stereotype, but your financial advice is what makes the market crash. Borrow as much as you can with out responibility is the reason fiscally responsible citizens clean up after you. Practice responsible money management which in terms you can understand, debt clearing/bankruptcy is not a safety net. Someone has to absorb those costs, unless your Trump and bankruptcy is second nature. Never heard of Warren Buffet declaring bankruptcy. 

Welcome to America of the last 3 decades my friend.
Juxtapose outstanding revolving credit debt and bankruptcy filings and you'll find  a striking correlation. 

I won't blame the individuals as it is a systemic problem. 

There are plenty of people who have never files for BK and are still not Buffet.
laugh.gif
So that point is kind of moot. 

Wow, discharging debt is really the answer. I do not want to stereotype, but your financial advice is what makes the market crash. Borrow as much as you can with out responibility is the reason fiscally responsible citizens clean up after you. Practice responsible money management which in terms you can understand, debt clearing/bankruptcy is not a safety net. Someone has to absorb those costs, unless your Trump and bankruptcy is second nature. Never heard of Warren Buffet declaring bankruptcy. 

Juxtapose outstanding revolving credit debt and bankruptcy filings and you'll find  a striking correlation. 

There are plenty of people who have never files for BK and are still not Buffet.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

laugh.gif
 It being legal and practiced for the last 30 years, does that make it morally justifiable? Pay your debts plain and simple. You advocate paying only the debt you cannot dissolve via bankruptcy as a best business practice and for that you're wrong. Buffet illustrates that with proper money management you can expect a good return on your money. 
Good luck cooking the books... 

laugh.gif
 It being legal and practiced for the last 30 years, does that make it morally justifiable? Pay your debts plain and simple. You advocate paying only the debt you cannot dissolve via bankruptcy as a best business practice and for that you're wrong. Buffet illustrates that with proper money management you can expect a good return on your money. 

laugh.gif
Bankruptcy has been legal for a lot longer than 30 years. Morality has nothing to do with it. 
I wasn't advocating anything in particular. I was pointing out that your premise of paying down dischargeable debt as opposed to non dischargeable first should very rarely be the case. 

Buffett doesn't illustrate anything to the common man. Why do you keep bringing him up? 

btw, cooking the books is as American as Nascar.  Your government loves to do it. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Bankruptcy has been legal for a lot longer than 30 years. Morality has nothing to do with it. 
I wasn't advocating anything in particular. I was pointing out that your premise of paying down dischargeable debt as opposed to non dischargeable first should very rarely be the case. 

Buffett doesn't illustrate anything to the common man. Why do you keep bringing him up? 

btw, cooking the books is as American as Nascar.  Your government loves to do it. 
laugh.gif

trying to get into U toronto or U british colombia, both only 25k, plus student assitance money im lookin at 10-15k max for college.
not even lookin at big numbers college. many fine institutions within reasonable price ranges.

trying to get into U toronto or U british colombia, both only 25k, plus student assitance money im lookin at 10-15k max for college.
not even lookin at big numbers college. many fine institutions within reasonable price ranges.

Originally Posted by AlexGod

im about to pull at least 120,000 in loans
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
oh well
pimp.gif

didn't you just get out of HS?  what school are you going to and why not just spend some time at a community so you won't be that much in debt.

Originally Posted by AlexGod

im about to pull at least 120,000 in loans
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
oh well
pimp.gif

didn't you just get out of HS?  what school are you going to and why not just spend some time at a community so you won't be that much in debt.

I feel for ya 
tired.gif
....I always told myself I would never take out any student loans so I wouldn't be on that boat......and I thought my 1k in debt was bad....Hope all ya get it settled out in the long run....
can they pass the payments on to your kids if you die???? I remember hearing a while back for example, if your parents die and they had expenses (other than stu. loans) that were to be paid....they get passed on to the kids? any truth to this????

I feel for ya 
tired.gif
....I always told myself I would never take out any student loans so I wouldn't be on that boat......and I thought my 1k in debt was bad....Hope all ya get it settled out in the long run....
can they pass the payments on to your kids if you die???? I remember hearing a while back for example, if your parents die and they had expenses (other than stu. loans) that were to be paid....they get passed on to the kids? any truth to this????

Back
Top Bottom